Boat Jumble

Lastdraft

No mention of it here:-

www.boatjumbleassociation.co.uk

It was on last year but to be fair it was a former shadow of what it used to be, seems to me it was getting smaller with less stalls both commercial and private each year

The Northern one near to Goole has also disappeared off the list.  That one was suffering too as above imho

I / we used to visit both of em during 'B.A's restoration period 2002 - 2007, they were great events then, sometimes too much to get round and we got some great bargains both new and second hand

Griff

It always strikes me that in the Broads area in particular there should be enough interest for 2 or 3 smaller events each year, perhaps run more on the lines of a boat boot fair perhaps. The large event at Norfolk show ground with commercial and private sellers wouldn't be adversely affected I'm sure.

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

We could do with a boat jumble on the scale of the Norfolk Show Ground up here around our neck of the woods

Griff

The nearest to "our neck of the woods" would have been Preston but even that has been cancelled now after appearing on the calender initially.

we used to regularly go to the  Essex boat jumble  which was usually held  at the Essex showground in early March  if I remember correctly but they changed the venue and with it the usual date moving it to early February. The new venue was o.k. but the date was invariably during a cold period making it not nearly so user friendly to amble round and just browse.
The most comprehensive one we ever went to was back in the mid eighties, was at Chatham Dockyard and partially inside which was great.

Carole

3 hours ago, addicted said:

we used to regularly go to the  Essex boat jumble  which was usually held  at the Essex showground in early March  if I remember correctly but they changed the venue and with it the usual date moving it to early February. The new venue was o.k. but the date was invariably during a cold period making it not nearly so user friendly to amble round and just browse.
The most comprehensive one we ever went to was back in the mid eighties, was at Chatham Dockyard and partially inside which was great.

Carole

I used to live in Gravesend which is about 10 miles from Chatham, and we always used to do the Chatham dockyard Jumble, even into the late 90s, though by then it had really started to dwindle.  Down here in Dorset, we used to have one at Canford Arena, and also the Buelie (spelling?) one. The big problem with the Buelie one was all the prices were hiked up dramatically, and that`s after paying a sizeable entrance fee. At the Canford one,  a guy was selling a 16ft weekender (Fi Craft Sharky or Seasafe Dandy?) for £695, whereas when he took it to Beulie a couple of months later, the same boat was being sold for £1,000. We stopped going to Beulie one a few years back.