Spanish Cod Cooking On The Corsican Part 49

CheshireCat

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had to go into Ringwood to the bank to pay some of Lightnings operating costs. While walking to the bank from my car, i passed a proper fish mongers and popped in on the way back. I asked about filleting fish, and did the fish loins etc have any bones. The fishmonger said he would debone and skin any piece of fish for us, as he hated eating fish with bones in as well. I do like fish, but don`t eat it much due to all the bones.  I love things like smoked Mackerel, and the taste of kippers etc, but hate taking the bones out, by the time you`ve done it, everythings cold. Now we know we have a good fishmonger nearby, i will start eating fish a lot more, and dishes like the one above will definitely be on the weekend menu.

That sauce bares a similarity to the Italian "Amatriciana sauce" that i make for pasta. I never make Bolognaise sauce with beef, it`s always Amatriciana (or my version of it) sauce, and vary the type of pasta you have it with. 

What do you serve it on, would it be rice, or do you serve it with veg etc?.

3 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

I had to go into Ringwood to the bank to pay some of Lightnings operating costs. While walking to the bank from my car, i passed a proper fish mongers and popped in on the way back. I asked about filleting fish, and did the fish loins etc have any bones. The fishmonger said he would debone and skin any piece of fish for us, as he hated eating fish with bones in as well. I do like fish, but don`t eat it much due to all the bones.  I love things like smoked Mackerel, and the taste of kippers etc, but hate taking the bones out, by the time you`ve done it, everythings cold. Now we know we have a good fishmonger nearby, i will start eating fish a lot more, and dishes like the one above will definitely be on the weekend menu.

Hi Neil,

I tend to buy all our fish at Morrison's (the staff discount might have something to do with it) Most fishmongers will bone the fish for you. If I am freezing it I will run my finger over the fillet to check for any bones, this way you can just cook it after thawing. I do do prefer cod or haddock loin battered or pan fried.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

On 10/04/2019 at 13:01, Gretzky said:

We had a spanish fish soup in Lanzarote, it came in bright red soup, it was great but stained your finger orange when dealing with the shellfish in it. Any idea how its made?

That sounds like Bouillabaisse, search Mary Berry Bouillabaisse online, she does a very good, slightly anglicised version.

• Like 1