The Big 40th Suggestions.

ExSurveyor

This weekend is a 40th,  sadly not my birthday but our wedding anniversary.

Any suggestions of somewhere a bit special to have a meal,  we are based in Brundall , so somewhere in reasonable driving distance.

For pure entertainment value,  our wedding photo.  17 and just 19

This is a black and white photo taken by the local newspaper,  just in case a certain firefighter thinks the world was black and white in 1979.:default_biggrin:

20190123_235746.jpg

• Like 4

Surlingham Ferry springs immediately to mind. 

Alternatively take a trip to Yarmouth Market and treat her like Royalty, a bowl of mushy peas, a bacon roll and a bag of chips! A Belgian bun from Greggs for afters followed by a game of bingo at the Palace then a trip to Matalan to spend your winnings. What more can a lassie ask of her man? 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

More Mud,  Tiger feet. :default_winko:

Fantastic Psychic...just makes you want to dance.:default_beerchug:

so now for your anniversary my new suggestion, get spotify, or you can just you tube stuff.....turn it up (important)....and dance together... pick out your favourites. Mrs W and I did this by accident a couple of years back wild moored up the Ant, started off just listening to a few songs and turned into a full on boat party dance with just the two of us.

• Like 1

With the new road The Recruiting Sergeant at Horstead is a good bet. There are some very good eateries up here on The North Coast but you are adding quite a few miles. Come off the NDR at the North Walsham roundabout and it is just 5 minutes.

• Thanks 1

Depends what you want really ,there are many good Michelin star restaurants in Norfolk.Some in Norwich. Many good pubs on the river,as said You can't beat the Ferry house we always enjoy our visits there.We often go to the Whitehorse Chedgrave. If you decide one of these I would advise booking.Whatever you decide have a Happy Anniversary. 

Best wishes Ian 

• Thanks 1

A honeymooner's trip up onto Surlingham Broad, obviously just the two of you, cook an unbelievable meal, down a pint of red, be grateful for those forty years, raise a glass towards the next twenty, enjoy each other's company and watch the sunrise on the 41st year, cuddled up in each other's arms and not just because the heating has packed up!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

This weekend is a 40th,  sadly not my birthday but our wedding anniversary.

Congratulations - 40 years is very good going (especially nowadays).
We achieved 30 years last November (we were somewhat older at the time like 36 & just 3 days before her 30th).

My wife has a friend who managed to celebrate her Silver wedding twice  (i.e. with 2 different husbands)!

• Haha 1