Tv Panic!!

WasJono

Hello wise people

I have an emergency!!!!

Last night Val worked out that the final of The Voice is on Sat 6th of April, 10 weeks from tonight.

That is the day we pick up Silver Serenade from Brundall so I need to find a mooring within an hour or so that guarantee's Digital reception of ITV.

Is there any such thing or do I just top myself now?

J

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, addicted said:

Is staying at Brundall an option? , We have no problem receiving ITV on board while on board  at  our  mooring at Tingdene.

Carole

If it is the only answer then that will be it. I know my place and I haven't been in the Coldham Hall for many years.

J

• Sad 1

There is also tv over a good internet signal if you have a laptop/tablet etc.

I've never had any issues with tv reception anywhere around the Brundall area (I'm based there) with the exception of Rockland Staithe.

Places nearby with a pub and tv reception as best I know would be

The Ferry House at Surlingham

Cantley 

Short Dyke (The New Inn at Rockland via a walk around the broad)

Brammerton

At just over an hour or so you could go to Commissioners Cut too or anywhere inbetween there and Cantley.

:default_biggrin:

23 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Probably best to avoid Bramerton, reception can be very iffy there. How about Hardley Mill, it’s good there. No pub though. 

Brammerton iffy really? I've always found it very good If I remember correctly.

I have to confess I don't watch much tv on the boat however so you may well be correct. I didn't mention Hardley Mill or a few others as I was under the impression a pub was preferred :default_smile:

26 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

I have to confess I don't watch much tv on the boat however so you may well be correct. I didn't mention Hardley Mill or a few others as I was under the impression a pub was preferred :default_smile:

We tend to avoid the pub at Brammerton since they ruined it and we got dreadful service but the common is great moorings.

Surlingham ferry sounds good. We have had a couple of lunch time stops in the past. I will record the programme at home just to be safe and try to extend my life expectancy a couple of years!

J

30 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

The art of conversation?? Hmmmm!! Sounds interesting.

We just play bones, have a laugh, get annoyed, drink and sleep!

J

2 hours ago, Jayfire said:

It does depend on where you manage to moor at Bramerton, the trees can really get in the way. 

If you felt like I do about the programme you would be grateful for no signal.   You are supposed to be on holiday on The Broads.

Quite frankly I would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch it,   all that screeching.   Supposed to be singing!!!   Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Hylander said:

If you felt like I do about the programme you would be grateful for no signal.   You are supposed to be on holiday on The Broads.

Quite frankly I would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch it,   all that screeching.   Supposed to be singing!!!   Just my opinion.

That is why I need the pub!!!

J

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

We’ve managed to get TV signal most moorings except Brammerton where the signal kept breaking up and Dilham, which had no signal whatsoever and no mobile connection either.

It really does seem to be a case of the aerial reaching above the trees. We have had no problem at Dilham with our extended pole but Bramerton is a different matter, especially if it is extra windy! 

11 hours ago, YnysMon said:

We’ve managed to get TV signal most moorings except Brammerton where the signal kept breaking up and Dilham, which had no signal whatsoever and no mobile connection either.

That is handy stuck up at Dilham and no phone connection.   Hope there is a public phone box in the area.

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

I usually find that walking a short distance from the river, particularly if you can climb a bank, produces a mobile signal. Might not be strong but it’s there in most places. 

Thant is the case in most locations other than Loddon which is almost a dead zone.

Regards 

Alan