Tv Panic!!

WasJono

6 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Thant is the case in most locations other than Loddon which is almost a dead zone.

For a mobile internet signal there is a jolly nice fellow who has a WiFi hotspot you can hook up to in Loddon :default_norty:

4 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

OK Jayfire spill the beans, I am sure most of us would  like those details.

:default_rofl:

I'm afraid your need a BT account as it's a BT hotspot. In the staithe you should pick it up however and then just log in with your BT account details. 

I really shouldn't have teased any non BT boaters should I? :default_biggrin:

I'm on Vodafone too Carole and have to say I get 4G almost everywhere. Loddon Staithe is one place it seems to be more difficult to pick up though.

Fortunately for me though, as I mentioned I can get on the WiFi there usually.

10 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

I'm on Vodafone too Carole and have to say I get 4G almost everywhere. Loddon Staithe is one place it seems to be more difficult to pick up though.

Fortunately for me though, as I mentioned I can get on the WiFi there usually.

I've never yet failed to get sufficient signal to book a table at our chosen venue for dinner, which is the only thing I require a signal for.

Carole 

• Like 1

Dilham...hmm, our nemesis. Sorry, no, I don’t mean that.  It’s very special and very peaceful.  It’s a lovely mooring that is well worth seeking out, even though it has no signal of any sort (some might say that’s a blessing). However,  not all forum members will have read our holiday tale from last March/April which ended up in Dilham with us having engine problems the morning we needed to leave early due to rising river levels (and get under Weyford Bridge!).

I ended up walking for miles in the rain before I managed to phone for help, and being able to phone for help was thanks to very kind Norfolk people inviting me into their home (having spotted me looking very ‘lost’) to use their land line rather than my finding a mobile signal.

Most Norfolk people are just soo lovely. ❤️

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Just to let you all know we collected Silver Serenade from Brundall on the 6th April and cruised up river to Bramerton and moored at the common. Very nice boat for us.

Took the dogs for a run and when I returned I was ordered to tune the TV.

Surprise Surprise. Good picture within seconds.

That was the good news. We had evening meal on board feasting on a ready cooked chicken from Lidl and after I decided to take the dogs for another walk. Put their life jackets on so I could carry them off together like handbags, a Mini Schnauzer and a Pug, and stepped onto the timber edged bank, my right foot went from under me, as I was bent over the dogs dropped on dry land , my left leg went between the boat and bank into the water and I crashed down onto my left side on to the gunnels. Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or something similar.

The following pain meant there was no escape from The Voice so I drowned my sorrows and tried to numb the pain on board.

Next morning I could hardly move and the pain was immense so we returned home. A long no stops journey.

Doc found a couple or three cracked ribs. That hurt !  So it has been pain killers and no drink along with too much rest.

The second boating holiday on the trot abandoned and this one after only 16 hours and to add to the misery my annual insurance policy ran out in February. There is a lesson there.

Take care out there 

J

• Sad 8

That is indeed a sad tale, poor you! We have to carry one of our dogs off and it always worries me that something like that could so easily happen. Have you been able to identify exactly where it all went wrong? A slip or did your leg just buckle under you? I hope it won’t put you off and it will be third trip lucky. Get well soon. 

Hi Vanessan

While dining it seems we had a little drizzle, of rain that is, which was next to nothing but enough to make the timber edging very slippy indeed. I stepped onto it trying to put the dogs down safely and my right foot went from under me as my left leg was making the next step.

Could have been worse I suppose but I certainly don't want another broken rib! (or 2 or 3) Coughing is a killer!! 

Thank goodness for the comfy car we have to get us the 250 miles home.

Thanks

J

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jono said:

Hi Vanessan

While dining it seems we had a little drizzle, of rain that is, which was next to nothing but enough to make the timber edging very slippy indeed. I stepped onto it trying to put the dogs down safely and my right foot went from under me as my left leg was making the next step.

Could have been worse I suppose but I certainly don't want another broken rib! (or 2 or 3) Coughing is a killer!! 

Thank goodness for the comfy car we have to get us the 250 miles home.

Thanks

J

Hi Jono,

I can well understand the pain of your broken ribs, I did that about 3 years ago and as you say coughing is not an option.

You know well enough  one hand for you and one for the boat.

Regards

Alan