• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
Philip

Water Points

Hello as I have to have my work leave in March we have booked a boat from a boatyard up north but we would like to go south but who or what is open with water taps.

Ta Phil

Water points are available (off the top of my head) at

Oulton Broad

Beccles

Loddon

And at the boatyards mainly based around Brundall, Loddon and at Freedom near Norwich (I think they are open)

Reedham and Norwich usually have water but they are turned off over winter.

18 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Water points are available (off the top of my head)

funny place for a water point  :default_gbxhmm:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, chameleon said:

funny place for a water point  :default_gbxhmm:

If you think that's funny you should see my face :default_ohmy:

The water is on at Reedham all year round but they remove the hoses in winter. We carry a short length of pipe but have used a bucket in the past! 

Brooms should have water. I'm pretty sure WRC turn theirs off in winter. I think Oulton Broad is on the pontoon only. 

Brooms not sure opening hours in March.They have winter and summer hours,best to give them a call.They charge for water.

8 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Brooms not sure opening hours in March.They have winter and summer hours,best to give them a call.They charge for water.

Have they actually started charging properly yet? Last year the sign asked for the £2 to be put in the box if there was no one in the hut. Trouble is, they never provided a box! If you stopped for fuel or a pumpout, you got charged but not otherwise. 

Not sure we stop for fuel and pump out.We are based at Cove, so top up our water there.

I would double check with the Boatyard to see if they allow Brendon Water crossing in March. a lot Don't

13 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Brooms should have water. I'm pretty sure WRC turn theirs off in winter. I think Oulton Broad is on the pontoon only. 

The only hose operational at Brooms at the moment is bythe boat hoist, which is extremely difficult to get to as you have to navigate amongst privately moored gin palaces to gain access.  

The hose at the fuel kiosk has thoughtfully been turned off, however we were able to top up with water this morning at The Ferry House, Surlingham,  which is free to customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2