Yippee! Booked Our Broads Holiday For June/july!

YnysMon

:default_smiley-char054:

Yes!

Just booked Hunter's Yard 'Lustre' for a week from 29th June. We really missed having a sailing holiday last year, having sailed the previous few Julys, and even having two holidays on motor cruisers (Fair Regent and Bronze Emblem) during 2018 didn't quite make up for it. My eldest son has been following the Hunter's Yard Facebook page and had noticed that they had announced that two more boats (including Lustre) will be fitted with what they refer to as a Torqeedo 'electric quant' for this season. One of the four berth boats was fitted with one last year, despite there being a few mutterings about it being sacrilegious to fit such a thing to a Hunter's boat. The boat (Lucent) that was fitted with the gadget last year was a relatively recent addition to the fleet though.  Despite the doubts, they've obviously had a lot of good feedback.

It'll be such a relief to have some power to draw on when the wind fails.  It might make getting up to Wroxham and the upper reaches of the Ant feasible. Last time we went up The Ant on a Hunter's boat we got stuck in a tree and had to be towed off. :default_dunce:

:default_eusa_dance:

• Like 2

They have gone for the best in Torqeedo, they are probably the leaders in Electric Outboards up to 80hp, hybrid and inboards for small leisure craft. Their products are the Rolls end of the market with prices to match. Terrific products.

Yes Jean, late June/early July is the best, the days are so long.

Chris. After Harry came home today (having earlier texted to confirm he had leave booked) we had a bit of a discussion and are now thinking that even if we had enough power to get through Yarmouth that the stronger tides down south are a bit daunting, even though we have generally been very careful about planning our trips down south to take advantage of the tides.  Anyway, we would so like to get up to Hickling again (he, he, predictive text tried to change that to ‘Hang Klingon’, thought some other forumites might appreciate that one), Horsey and West Somerton, then there are the upper reaches of The Ant and The Bure which are usually a bit difficult if you are limited to sail/quant power.  So although we’ve been to those places under engine power, the prospect of getting there under (assisted) sail is really appealing.

Sooo looking forward!

p.s. For those members who have read our ‘Week in Anglesey’ thread in the Members Out and About section...we have plans to stay in Plas Bach cottage again in a week’s time. Trouble is, I’ve been stuck at home this week struck down by a very heavy cold (I had a flu jab) so am currently wondering if I can afford to take another week off this month given how behind I am with work. Cross fingers I can catch up enough next week so that we can take our holiday! We have been looking forward to being in Anglesey again.

• Like 2

Hope you're feeling better and can take the time. A week off sick is not the same as a week's holiday and could be just what you need. I haven't booked most of my leave yet this year, where usually I would have it all organised by now. But of course the caravan is there whenever we want to use it once we get it opened up again in March sometime.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grendel said:

I have booked two weeks holiday this year so far, the week for the meet in may when I have Jayne booked, and the week in october for lads week.now do I book another week for the beccles wooden boat show, with another wooden boat from Martham?

thats a no brainer peter, the answer is yes

For those who are visiting the broads, motoring or sailing, wishing to watch or avoid or just find a passage through, events on the waters of the broads.

Go to:

http://www.thegreenbook.org.uk/

Click on Diary Dates, and select the dates you are coming..

Note, that all the events are not yet entered, this diary will fill up as the season approaches. There are up to a dozen events happening any day in the summer, particularly weekends..

If you find an event of interest you will then have to look at that clubs website to see timings etc.

PS that darnned film "the green book" is a right pain you have to be quite precise to find the Real Green book..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 08/02/2019 at 14:49, YnysMon said:

Yes!

Just booked Hunter's Yard 'Lustre' for a week from 29th June. We really missed having a sailing holiday last year, having sailed the previous few Julys, and even having two holidays on motor cruisers (Fair Regent and Bronze Emblem) during 2018 didn't quite make up for it. My eldest son has been following the Hunter's Yard Facebook page and had noticed that they had announced that two more boats (including Lustre) will be fitted with what they refer to as a Torqeedo 'electric quant' for this season. One of the four berth boats was fitted with one last year, despite there being a few mutterings about it being sacrilegious to fit such a thing to a Hunter's boat. The boat (Lucent) that was fitted with the gadget last year was a relatively recent addition to the fleet though.  Despite the doubts, they've obviously had a lot of good feedback.

It'll be such a relief to have some power to draw on when the wind fails.  It might make getting up to Wroxham and the upper reaches of the Ant feasible. Last time we went up The Ant on a Hunter's boat we got stuck in a tree and had to be towed off. :default_dunce:

:default_eusa_dance:

Hi Helen, 

We`ll be on Lightning from 29th June, though there`s a slim chance that may change, but if not, i`l keep a look out for Lustre if we go North, also, if you see us on Lightning, please feel free to come and say helo.

• Like 1

On 09/02/2019 at 23:31, VetChugger said:

Have booked "Juliette" for mid June and really looking forward to renewing my aquaintance with the Nelson Head, Pleasure Boat and the hostelry at West Somerton that escapes my memory (Maybe another Lion??) plus any ports between!

You are correct, the hostelry at West Somerton is the Lion, I'll be there from Easter Sunday for 5 nights!

On 08/02/2019 at 21:28, YnysMon said:

For those members who have read our ‘Week in Anglesey’ thread in the Members Out and About section...we have plans to stay in Plas Bach cottage again in a week’s time. Trouble is, I’ve been stuck at home this week struck down by a very heavy cold (I had a flu jab) so am currently wondering if I can afford to take another week off this month given how behind I am with work. Cross fingers I can catch up enough next week so that we can take our holiday! We have been looking forward to being in Anglesey again.

Hope you're feeling better now Helen and are making it across to Anglesey for your holiday. :)

• Like 1