Lovely Morning At Salhouse

Jbx5

1 hour ago, Ray said:

We are E469 which 'Boats of the Broads' tell me was Swan Regent!

Many thanks indeed for the info and compliments.

Our watertank is port side just astern of midships, there seem to be more lockers than possible in bother bow and stern wells, a bit like the Tardis!

Edit, she is now called Dakota

I`l keep a look out when we`re there in late June and early September. If we see you, i`l come and say hello, (and sneak a quick peek too lol).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I've long had a soft spot for the (much more common) GRP version of the DC30 but the woodie version looks just as appealing. 

In truth Simon, the woodie version is a better boat, as they`re much warmer and condensate a lot less. We hired Swallow from Maffetts some years back, and met up with Dave (stranger) and his good lady April. They had Pacific Emerald, but came aboard Kingfisher for a cuppa and a chat. They remarked about how nice and warm it was with the heating on, and were very surprised when i told them we did`nt have the heating on. They said how much warmer Swallow was WITHOUT heating, than Emerald was when the heating was on. We had Emerald for a weekend to go to one of the NBN meets at the Coldham hall, which was on an October weekend a year or so later. It was quite cold, but that was because the heater was`nt very good either. So not only do the woodie versions look nice, they`re more comfy to be aboard.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

In truth Simon, the woodie version is a better boat, as they`re much warmer and condensate a lot less. We hired Swallow from Maffetts some years back, and met up with Dave (stranger) and his good lady April. They had Pacific Emerald, but came aboard Kingfisher for a cuppa and a chat. They remarked about how nice and warm it was with the heating on, and were very surprised when i told them we did`nt have the heating on. They said how much warmer Swallow was WITHOUT heating, than Emerald was when the heating was on. We had Emerald for a weekend to go to one of the NBN meets at the Coldham hall, which was on an October weekend a year or so later. It was quite cold, but that was because the heater was`nt very good either. So not only do the woodie versions look nice, they`re more comfy to be aboard.

Swallow..... lovely boat, wonder where she is now?

9 minutes ago, Maxwellian said:

Swallow..... lovely boat, wonder where she is now?

She certainly is Ian, we had several lovely weeks on her. It's such a shame Maffetts are not hiring now, but John and Lynda are not getting any younger, and with the campsite and other things, they can take it a bit easier now.

Where do you hire from now Ian, I would imagine Pacifics, as they had the same freindly polite attitude when we hired from them, that's why it's one of the yards I will always recommend?.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/02/2019 at 10:46, Jbx5 said:

A late start to work today so had the girls out for a walk around Salhouse broad. I thought it would be fairly busy as it’s half term but lovely and peaceful. The calm before the storm in a few weeks.

John

5AE8D4E5-8EE1-4015-B9B7-2C2989CBAB01.jpeg

D583AF74-5E4F-4C4D-8846-038D22362D88.jpeg

CDB492A0-4DBA-4940-BD99-DF51B4F7C20D.jpeg

Took this with my phone from Womack Staithe on Wednesday evening. Also getting lots of boat names to look out for 13 to 27 May and 7 to 17 Sept. already got Lightning don for Sept.

20190320_182454.jpg

• Like 1