Datatraveler Will Not Work

22 hours ago, Simondo said:

Hi Hylander

Yes you do have to get a licence to save (just over a tenner from memory), however at least you know now that you can recover them. Maybe try some other free software first as mentioned above and if you have no luck at least you can use a licenced version of Diskdigger to recover them.

Yes and a special thank you to Simondo.    Without your help I would be nowhere.

• Like 1

Very glad to hear that you have managed to work your way through this Monica.

I have a remote hard drive that backs up some of my files. However with the amount of photos and videos I've accumulated, the external drive is not big enough to take full backups and I manually backup what I need. I'm considering whether I should simply buy a bigger external drive or start paying for a cloud backup.

Oh for the days when the cloud was just that thing in the sky passing over when it rained!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SwanR said:

I have a remote hard drive that backs up some of my files. However with the amount of photos and videos I've accumulated, the external drive is not big enough to take full backups and I manually backup what I need. I'm considering whether I should simply buy a bigger external drive or start paying for a cloud backup

Google Photos is free and unlimited. You can set your phone to back images up automatically or just upload what you want to from a camera or your laptop. I wanted a safe place to keep images of my wife, not so much because of tech failure, more just to ensure all my images did not walk out the door with some burglar. 

• Thanks 1