The Poppy Line

Note the adjoining Bittern Line is closed for engineering works this weekend, a replacement bus service will take about twice as long so allow extra time for your journey. Also I think the Cromer to Sheringham section will be shut for a couple of weeks soon while they extend the platform to cope with the permanent 3 carriage new locos.

Choo Choo.

Oh my what a lovely photo (not) haha..But yes we actually wanted to hire a boat that weekend, but I made the mistake of thinking the mild and sunny weather meant we were further into the season - we are not and so we could not get a boat as the yards are closed - or those open did not have a boat which met our need.

So in the car it was and off to the North Norfolk Steam Railway, which is getting a bit of a habit having been on the the North Yorkshire Moors Railway a week earlier. Well worth it I think and Sheringham was very nice too.

• Like 1

The other end of the line, although the station is out of town, a bit, is also very well worth a visit. I have always liked Holt since renting a cottage there some years ago.

However, like so many other places I fear the unique style of the Town is under threat and it's days are numbered due to the vast develoments underway either side of the A148.