Car Talk

LondonRascal

If it helps, a small percentage are randomly selected by the infamous DVLA computer for a full identity check which, in some cases, also involves a physical examination of the vehicle... I used to do them

Sorry Griff, just done my change of car, took 6 weeks, they had made a mistake on the new document that took another 4

Oh Heck,

You lot wanna try and be more glass half full.  Fill me with joy and glee why don't you? :default_icon_rolleyes:

Griff

• Haha 1

I had a 1971, 351 Cu In, Ram Air, Mach1.  The Middle East conflicts killed the car off for us as we were doing alot of "thro France" at the time.

We went from 5300cc to 602cc but a full tank and a couple of hidden Jerry cans got us over The Pyrenees into Spain via The Col de Puymorens.

• Like 1

As much as I like the lines, the sound and brute power of Mustangs I prefer mine to go round corners without dragging their **** out so if the numbers ever come in then it`s one of these for me or something with the Shelby name on it.

https://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph-buying-guides/ford-gt-2005-2006--ph-used-buying-guide/39259

A very good friend of mine had one of those Ford GT‘S , never had a problem cornering as it was in the dealers more than in his garage at home , plus as it was wider than the parking bays he was getting tickets virtually every time he ventured out in Cambridge .

He ended up selling it after 5 months losing £40k!!!!!! in the process , he now drives a Mercedes 900Brabus , sounds fantastic 

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

A very good friend of mine had one of those Ford GT‘S , never had a problem cornering as it was in the dealers more than in his garage at home , plus as it was wider than the parking bays he was getting tickets virtually every time he ventured out in Cambridge .

He ended up selling it after 5 months losing £40k!!!!!! in the process , he now drives a Mercedes 900Brabus , sounds fantastic 

Sounds like it was a lemon that he brought however to lose £40k is madness or was that the dealers part ex offer. If you can afford to buy one then parking tickets fines are loose change :default_biggrin: The Brabus is a V10 I believe but pig ugly in my eyes.

I feel I must publicly apologise.

Apparently according to the latest wx forecasts we could be in for ice and snow come this Easter Monday.

This is all my fault, solely down to me.  It seems I have caused this to happen because last weekend I took off the winter wheels/tyres off Trevor and put the summer ones on.

Sorry about that :default_blush:

Griff 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On a brighter note, today I picked up a second hand set of genuine Audi 5 x leg double spoke 19" alloys with part worn tyres. (4mm - last her ages with the mileage she does)   The Wheels are in mint condition with centre caps.  These will be MrsG's summer wheels / boots for her Q5.  The present 18" jobbies will in due course be shod with winter tyres come the late autumn

Griff

You can't beat proper summer and proper winter but these days, after the originals supplied are worn I fit Michelin Cross Climate Plus. I find them really excellent and good in a bit of mud as well as snow, which seems to be on the endangered list most years.

3 hours ago, ChrisB said:

You can't beat proper summer and proper winter but these days, after the originals supplied are worn I fit Michelin Cross Climate Plus. I find them really excellent and good in a bit of mud as well as snow, which seems to be on the endangered list most years.

I fit the same on our car. Good option for the mileage we do.

Personally I’ve always preferred Yokohama tyres , if for a performance car, my last few cars had Pirelli tyres fitted as standard and they didn’t last.

Michelin tyres are very good allrounders but tend to be higher in the road noise , for a good better than average budget tyre Firestone are excellent .

On my cabs , I usually go for a midrange tyre as the premium brands are not economical or hard wearing enough , and Blackcircle often have excellent deals .

Kates GLC recently needed four new tyres , if we had got the Pirelli’s as fitted which are high load and run flat then they were £429 a corner , we ended up getting 4 new tyres delivered from Black Circle with exactly the same ratings, and run flats and actually a quieter road noise rating for £180 a corner 

On 09/03/2021 at 08:31, petersjoy said:

I was only planning getting a small 125cc bike to runaround locally on. For me it would have  been going full circle, first 125 at 17 was a Kawasiki 125 f6 trail bike, some of the scrambler type retro bikes coming out now are very similar, was worried 125cc would be a bit underpowered so went for a 250. Still in the process of buying it, watch this space for a photo when it arrives.

Finally! After 3 weeks waiting, due to a minor fault found during the pdi i picked the new bike up today.

Just a short trip to Poole and back to pick it up 522 mile round trip.

IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

• Like 3

We've had our Kia sportage for 8 years this June. Never kept a car so long before. Needless  to say we have been very happy with it and with the level of service that came with it. But it is now out of warranty and we were in a quandary - what to get. Everything is so up in the air just now. Conflicting reports in the media on the merits or not of various brands. I don't feel confident in the present level of infrastructure to  support all electric. After much consideration we  came to the conclusion that  if we are so happy with our present car why not get another. In other words if it ain't broke don't fix it!  In a nod to present trends we have ordered a mild hybrid  Sportage and we pick it up next week 1

Carole

i went on the Renault website as they said they would recommend which electric car to choose, went right through their questionnaire, and was recommended...

A diesel car, not even a hybrid.

as long as this is the case i cant see how the government can expect to do the changeover from fossil fuels to electric. i have nowhere at either end to charge, and do more than the range of most electric cars daily.

• Like 1