Roadworks 2019 ?

RumPunch

On 28/08/2019 at 18:45, marshman said:

Sutton Bridge closure now postponed and will start on 30th September for those interested

Looks like our trip down to the Broads on 5th October will be a long one then :default_rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, Cal said:

Looks like our trip down to the Broads on 5th October will be a long one then :default_rolleyes:

Originally it was west bound that was going to be closed first so if it is still the same your problem will be going home so just take A47 from Kings Lynn through to A1

A140 was shut this morning at Hempnall(between Long Stratton and Tasburgh)where the new roundabout is going. Not sure how long for but getting round it was a pain so probably worth checking/sorting your route beforehand.

apologies if you all know this already, thought it worth a mention.

We also got caught in long Stratton road works. To me the diversion signs weren’t clear that there wouldn’t be a closer diversion so had a long detour. Notice also various road closures overnight on the a11 route. It seems they think the holidays are over-depressing!

10 hours ago, chameleon said:

anyone thinking of using the A17 during sutton bridge closures, forget it, they were testing the 5 way traffic lights today queues back to kings lynn and farm cafe,

A1 to pterborough then A47 looks viable

Will this still be on next Friday through to the one after when we come down??? 

2 hours ago, TostockTimonier said:

2 hours ago, TostockTimonier said:

Just rang Lincs CC Wed and Thurs was a trial they don't know yet for a few days what the situation will be when work starts but as TT says that will be 30th Sept so OK till then I'm going down tomorrow

• Like 1

Sorry this is late but if your heading home passed Leeds this weekend.

M62 closed west bound all weekend between 29 & 28 for railway bridge repairs.

A diversion for drivers wishing to continue west will be in place.

Motorists will need to head north on the M1 and along the M621 before re-joining the M62 at junction 27. Drivers wanting to go only as far as junction 28 on the M62 can leave the M621 at junction 1.

That mean come off at 29 turn right onto M621 towards Leeds which will take out the other side towards Bradford.

Leeds aren't at home so should be a easy run round and I won't be in as I'm on route to the Broads.

• 2 weeks later...

Horning Road from Hoveton is closed at times (it was yesterday and this morning) Around Hoveton Church area the works may continue until...

20th DEC!!!

The Road is closed around the area of RRH (RAF) Neatishead entrances till 20th Sept..

We came back on Sunday and the roadside displays showed work, would start on the 29/9 for 4 weeks.

So that has changed 3 times I know of.

We are next down on the 6/10 so will either use the A1/A47 or A1/A14/A11.

All 3 variants seem to take the same time just different distances.

paul

Both the Hoveton-Coltishall road and the Hoveton-Horning roads are now showing they are open.

The last of the abatoir in Stalham has been demolished there are just heaps of rubble left on site.. I suppose that will be it there until they build the new entrances..

2 hours ago, TheQ said:

Traffic signs have appeared either side of Wayford bridge, It appears there will be single way working under traffic light control.

It's BT digging holes.. 

Hope they don't dig too deep! If they do and the hole seems to have a lot of water in the bottom, they could try pumping it out sending the water over the side of the bridge. :-)

• Haha 1