Window Sticker

good evening to everyone on here , I’d just like to ask a question . If I purchased a NBN window sticker for my hire boat , does that sticker grant me any special privileges on the broads such as , cheaper mooring etc.... may sound like a dumb question but I was just wondering lol 

Hi Andy, it entitles you to a friendly reception, a chat with like minded people, advice if you need it, new friends and a warm welcome from any other crew displaying NBN credentials.

In short, everything that money can't buy... but nothing that it can :default_beerchug:

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

I have just realized that I have been flying the forum pennant upside down for the past year,  and no one has come to my rescue. :default_dunce:

Looked ok to me but I had been drinking for the last year :default_norty:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

And who knows, an invite to share a bevy on another member's boat! 

It would have to be a mug of tea for me as i`m allergic to alcahol. I know i`ve said that on here loads of times, but i keep saying it because Maurice Minor (yes, come on John admit it) always makes a comment :default_norty:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

I have just realized that I have been flying the forum pennant upside down for the past year,  and no one has come to my rescue. :default_dunce:

Probably due to too much alcahol on "another members boat" ..................... Sorry Peter, i just had to say it.

• Like 1

we used to fly our pennant from the mop on Pacific Princess, which when stood on the deck in the V of the pulpit rail and secured to the rail with a zip tie stood about 3/8 of an inch higher than the highest point of the roof. We knew therefore that if the mop handle went under Ludham Bridge then everything else did.

I'm sure it was considered very uncouth, and made scrubbing the decks tricky too.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2019 at 10:17, Londonlad1985 said:

I think it's having somewhere to fly it from is the prohibiting factor, I've got a little burgee mast from China that I've used on hire boats to fly mine. 

Brian Wards do one - And as usual you'll get 10% off using the discount code 'NBN' at checkout.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldgregg said:

Brian Wards do one - And as usual you'll get 10% off using the discount code 'NBN' at checkout.

Reading through the posts, i  was going to say about Brian Wards, but you beat me to it.  The one we bought has a grab rail clamp, which can be a bit fiddly, though once done up tight sits firmly. We always fly it from the rear grab rail across the coachroof mid ships. 

The only thing i`d like to do is buy a bigger NBN burgee, as the current one is a bit small.

• Like 1