Broads Bug

Seagypsy

On 04/03/2019 at 12:53, Seagypsy said:

Can"t wait till May, got to get on the water so booked San Domingo 3 four nights 18 to 22 this month anybody around give us a wave.

22 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

You certainly might, Lightning for the same week. Well, Saturday to saturday anyway.

21 hours ago, Jayfire said:

18th-22nd March you say, well I may well just be around the rivers then too :default_biggrin:

I shall keep an eye out for you :default_icon_wave:

Oooo ... watch out then. I'm on Swan Reflection, number 1 I think, 19th to 23rd March. Now I didn't get out on more than a dayboat last year so I might have a little work to do on my mooring up skills!! :default_eusa_dance:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Oooo ... watch out then. I'm on Swan Reflection, number 1 I think, 19th to 23rd March. Now I didn't get out on more than a dayboat last year so I might have a little work to do on my mooring up skills!! :default_eusa_dance:

Hi Jean, 

I was refering to our week in September, Seagypsy is on a Richo`s boat in the first half of September, which he pointed out in a later post.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SwanR said:

No worries Jean, I'm planning on heading up North some time that week all being well, will you be staying up there too???

I shall keep an eye out for you and be ready to help you with those lines if our mooring spots meet, although I'll be solo helming that week with a slight fracture to my arm so you might prefer me to keep my hands off anyway :default_rofl:

If I'm an incoherent rambling idiot I've not been drinking enough Stella (sorry Mr Nog) but dont worry, I'll be working on it.

Hope to see you around at some point

Jay

2 hours ago, Jayfire said:

No worries Jean, I'm planning on heading up North some time that week all being well, will you be staying up there too???

I shall keep an eye out for you and be ready to help you with those lines if our mooring spots meet, although I'll be solo helming that week with a slight fracture to my arm so you might prefer me to keep my hands off anyway :default_rofl:

If I'm an incoherent rambling idiot I've not been drinking enough Stella (sorry Mr Nog) but dont worry, I'll be working on it.

Hope to see you around at some point

Jay

If you get up North what cruise liner do I have to look out for

2 hours ago, Jayfire said:

We will definitely be staying north. Obviously starting from Stalham as we're hiring from Richardson's. Other than that really no idea where we will end up so will have to keep in touch if you get onto the northern side. We tend to find a pub for lunch and then move on somewhere quieter for overnight. Must check which places are open and serving food given how late Easter is this year. We were caught out by one pub that wasn't serving food yet when we went in March three years ago.

Hope your arm is ok Jay. Maybe we'll be lending you a hand if we see you looking to moor somewhere. :default_icon_wave:

16 minutes ago, SwanR said:

We will definitely be staying north. Obviously starting from Stalham as we're hiring from Richardson's. Other than that really no idea where we will end up so will have to keep in touch if you get onto the northern side. We tend to find a pub for lunch and then move on somewhere quieter for overnight. Must check which places are open and serving food given how late Easter is this year. We were caught out by one pub that wasn't serving food yet when we went in March three years ago.

Hope your arm is ok Jay. Maybe we'll be lending you a hand if we see you looking to moor somewhere. :default_icon_wave:

Well now I'll definitely be taking my lonesome self t'up Norf to come find you :default_biggrin:

Yes we will have to keep in touch, you know I'm always around and about for anyone to contact me, but enjoy your time aboard wherever you end up.

I'll bear in mind your preference for a quiet overnight spot, and aim to avoid it.....oh Jean why did you say those things, we will be singing about ruddy ducks until the early hours :default_biggrin:

I did warn you not to be so sure you'd be on the rivers before my Easter visit though, but in all seriousness hope you and whoever you are away with have a lovely time Jean. If I spot you I'll give you a :default_icon_wave: and if I see you're free I'll pop over and say hi, but I won't disturb you.

As I said, I'll be alone unfortunately, my girl is busy working, so if you do spot me feel free to come say hi

The arm is fine thanks, rise above it, dig in and all that, a broken bone isn't enough to keep me from the broads and all that cruising :default_biggrin:

Take Care and hope to see both you and Seagypsy, remember it's always my round if you catch me at the bar :default_smiley-angelic002:

6 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

remember it's always my round if you catch me at the bar

Goody goody! That's a Little Sharpie for me and a double G and T for Mrs N :default_beerchug:

Have a good one Jean and don't forget your report please!

BTW - most pubs were serving grub in February - I don't think you'll have a problem. the odd one might just do meal times rather than all day but they all seemed to be as normal. Just avoid the Waters Edge! :default_norty:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

:default_icon_e_surprised:

MS.JPG

It chills my blood everytime I see her just lying there..........the boat obviously, I get very excited when I see my little lady just lying there :default_smiley-angelic002:

14 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Goody goody! That's a Little Sharpie for me and a double G and T for Mrs N :default_beerchug:

Now we all know you try your best to avoid my boating journeys Mr Nog :default_smiley-angelic002:

14 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Just avoid the Waters Edge! :default_norty:

I popped into the Waters Edge on my last visit, it's a shame you had your problems with them.

They were alright with me I guess, it must be my charisma and penchant for hilarious jokes (or my drop dead gorgeous girl :default_norty:) but needless to say I wont be rushing back there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2019 at 12:53, Seagypsy said:

Can"t wait till May, got to get on the water so booked San Domingo 3 four nights 18 to 22 this month anybody around give us a wave.

Well we made it. We had just crossed the Yare on Southern Bypass 12 noon. phone rang, Richos your boat will be ready at 1.00 pm, nipped into Tescos then picked up boat and left yard at 2 .00 took a steady ride down to Ludham Bridge and called it a day. If anyone is around look out for the flying burger. SwanR if you read this S. Reflection 1 is ready and waiting, quay where Reception is.

• Like 2