24hr Moorings

CaptDave

7 hours ago, Seagypsy said:

This was when we were staying in a cottage just off the staithe called Poplars doesn't seem to be there now any one know anything about it. We also had a lovely varnished day boat on hire from Richos called Magnor I believe Colin Richardson has it now

Sorry, should have said Clive. Colin Richardson was an old mate of mine

Firstly I would like to say I agree with most of what has been said and in the winter does it really matter if you stop longer than 24 hrs at a BA mooring.  Well if we are going to be relaxed about the 24 hr rule then why not be relaxed about the Anglers giving way rule! You can not have one rule for one and not another.  Rule 10 (v) says  shows reasonable consideration for persons fishing from boats or the banks. It then goes on to say it does not relieve the person fishing of his (and it should say their as women fish as well) obligation under Bylaw 29.  I have done some checking up on this section and the understanding is, that if no other mooring is available then the angler will have to move but the person in charge of the boat has to give fair warning that they wish to moor in that spot and then has to give sufficient time for the angler to remove their equipment from the water and clear the area of the bank to allow a safe mooring to take place.  I have been told by a friend in the police force that if the boat operator proceeds to just drive into the quay head and damage the anglers equipment that is criminal damage and all evidence should be collected including photographic and video.  So yes there should be give an take by ALL parties just not one side.