Broads Ahoy

Seagypsy

Hi folks just put this on for a joke see what reaction I got. Alan I hope thats not the seven knots I looked at the other day he couldn't do two half hitches and his double sheet bend left a lot to be desired,certainly wouldn't fancy being on a bosuns chair at the top of a BP tankers mast and relying on that. PS probably should have said Clove hitch and Round turn and two half hitches

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

8 times round the post followed by 5 half hitches not only secures the boat but keeps the post toasty warm too.

You forgot the bit about taking what rope is left and tying it round the next post along. Crucial that bit! :default_smile:

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

8 times round the post followed by 5 half hitches not only secures the boat but keeps the post toasty warm too.

Remember especially this time of the year, be kind to your mooring posts.

Remember that first time we came on the broads, left arm in a sling and hand a ball of crepe bandage wife and eldest daughter ready with ropes, willing helpers took ropes and then didn't know what to do I then flicked a clove hitch on one handed and left rope coiled by the post they then used the rest of the rope up to make we were tied up well