Oulton Dyke Dutch Tea Gardens Refurbishment April 2019

Dear all,

The Broads Authority Maintenance team will be refurbishing the Dutch Tea Gardens moorings on Oulton Dyke throughout April 2019.

Maintenance works will include the replacement of quay heading timber, renewal of mooring posts, repairing safety chains, ladders & signs as necessary, upgrading the mooring path and more. Some additional minor repairs will also take place on the mooring pontoon as required.

During the works certain areas of the piled section of the mooring will be closed off, however the remaining piled sections and the mooring pontoon will remain open to users at all times. We ask mariners to please adhere to any signage provided and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

For further details and updates please visit: http://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/boating/navigating-the-broads/urgent-boating-news/dutch-tea-gardens-april-2019

Kind regards,

Tom Waterfall

Digital Communications Officer

01603 756034

Broads Authority, Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road. Norwich NR1 1RY
01603 610734

8 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

My recollection is that mooring is only a few years old, am I right? If so I'm surprised it needs work already. 

They do tend to flood when the water is high, I guess that doesn’t help. For the past couple of seasons, the pontoon mooring has been missing a ring in an awkward place. Hopefully they will sort that out too. 

• Like 2

The wooden mooring posts could do with being  more substantial and much higher on the first section of the mooring.   Either that or raise the quay heading.     Many a time I have seen the river over topping and the wooden posts are just visible.     It does rather slope down one way.     I am surprised to hear that one of the pontoons is missing a mooring cleat,   it isnt that old that it should start falling apart, well not quite yet.

Re high mooring posts, people do tend to make fast as near to the tops of posts as they can, it saves bending I suppose. Unfortunately this does tend to increase the pull on posts. Short posts do encourage people to make fast lower down which reduces the stress on posts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hylander said:

I am surprised to hear that one of the pontoons is missing a mooring cleat,   it isnt that old that it should start falling apart, well not quite yet

That cleat has been missing for at least two seasons!

• Sad 1