Arabella - New From Norfolk Yacht Agency

DAVIDH

25 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

It`s also a misleading photo. The photo is of the 42ft version, so looks much bigger than the real thing, which when ypou read the write up, is only 35ft.

Surely that is clearly fraud and misinterpretation of what is on offer. 

• Like 2

If it is Barracuda it was Langford Gillings personal boat and it certainly looks like her. As most people know he was the origonal owner of Alphacraft which he passed onto his sons and we all know the result of that. Nice boat owned formely by a great Broadsman

Boycee :default_icon_bowdown:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jeffbroadslover said:

I am confused.

How can you charge over the odds for a 4 berth boat and then say it will not go under many of the bridges and by the way you can't go down one third of the rivers in the system?

Jeff

Only looked at the price earlier but reading the restrictions on cruising it's very expensive. The question is why, similar boats at others yards don't have these restrictions and by todays standards of broads cruisers it's not classed as a large boat.

Whilst they are about it they need to get a decent proof reader on the web page. There are only so many times we need telling it has bow and stern thrusters, flat screen tv's etc, or do they keep repeating everything to make the list look longer?

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Whilst they are about it they need to get a decent proof reader on the web page. There are only so many times we need telling it has bow and stern thrusters, flat screen tv's etc, or do they keep repeating everything to make the list look longer?

Especially when you don't need them I manage quite well without bow and stern thrusters and not bothered about a TV never mind one in every cabin

I appreciate there seem to be irregularities on the listing but is that NYA or hoseasons fault?

and why oh why do we still have to all want to have the most basic boats?. Some of us like a bit of comfort  and  luxury and there are people who will pay for it. 

live and let live  folks. Some of the boats you have or hire might be classed as poor mans floating caravans to some. 

• Like 8

The page says it will have a full refit so I'm sure it'll be lovely when it's finished. It's expensive yes at around £2300 per week in peak season but broadly in line with other luxury 4 berths I would say. I do agree it's an unfortunate choice of photo of a 44 foot boat. 

• Like 1

Only the market will judge if it is expensive! I know for certain that out of the Ferry boats and I expect elsewhere the most expensive boats let the most, especially over the shorter periods. As someone says its what people want and to say you have been on a boat with a tele in every room, may feel like kudos to some!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Not owned by Wyndham now by the way. It's been owned by a private equity firm called Platinum Equity since February last year.

https://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2031089

Yep, I heard that. Don't they call themselves Awaze or something now? Sadly, from my experience the standards at Hoseasons dropped when Wyndham took over, and haven't improved from what I have seen since. I don't think Wyndham were ever really interested in Hoseasons, or one or two other brands they acquired around the same time. I don't have great opinions of Equity firms owning travel brands either, during my thirty odd years in the travel trade there were a number of bad experiences.