Save Our Broads, Not Just Bins.

JennyMorgan

11 hours ago, Paladin said:

....I am not averse to carrying a bean hook, secateurs, pruning saw and loppers on board, but their use could be construed as criminal damage. Probably some landowners wouldn’t object, but there are others, such as those who delight in erecting No Mooring signs, who undoubtedly would.

Perhaps you would like to canvass all the Broads landowners, to establish who would, and who wouldn’t, welcome boaters' intervention, compile a list and, perhaps, leisure boaters could take over where the wherrymen left off.

A great idea.

On 16/03/2019 at 13:58, Vaughan said:

On 16/03/2019 at 13:58, Vaughan said:

The wherry appears to be loaded with timber.

Well that is the old boy who nicked it. All those trees.

I like trees. Here on the Broads we are blessed with a huge variety of trees and long may we protect them. Have you ever been to the lock gates at Coltishall and walked to the road bridge through the wonderful avenue of trees. What are they. Hornbeam.

Thousands walk to Salhouse broad, generations in the fullness of time. My grandchildren still marvel at the gnarled oak trees and play as I did amongst the fragile trunks.

I love the trees of Broadland and long may they be allowed to enhance our landscape and contribute to our ever threatened wild life.

Trees

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

• Like 2

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:15, MauriceMynah said:

Human beings are part of nature. Does it not then follow that their effects on places are equally natural? 

If you ever go on youtube and watch magnet fishing and see what low life's dump in our rivers, I think my rear end complies when humans are a part of nature and are equally natural!