Weather.

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all, 

I`ve just checked out the Brundall webcam (catchpro), and there`s actually small white topped waves at Brundall. The little boat that`s moore right in front of the webcam is bobbing up and down like a yoyo. I can imagine anybody afloat this week will be seeking sheltered moorings this week?. We could have taken Lightning last Saturday for the week ending today, but with the wind we`ve had this week, i think Karen would have been violently seasick?. Anybody been out this week, if so, how has it been?.

15 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi all, 

I`ve just checked out the Brundall webcam (catchpro), and there`s actually small white topped waves at Brundall. The little boat that`s moore right in front of the webcam is bobbing up and down like a yoyo. I can imagine anybody afloat this week will be seeking sheltered moorings this week?. We could have taken Lightning last Saturday for the week ending today, but with the wind we`ve had this week, i think Karen would have been violently seasick?. Anybody been out this week, if so, how has it been?.

No but hope it calms down for next week

We were out. Pulled into Ludham and it went from sunny and blustery to dark, wet and very windy just as we tried to tie up. A kid in the boat next to us came and helped with the pair of us hanging on for dear life. Another boat then broke its mooring and hit us. I wonder if they noticed that they were tied up differently when they came back from the pub. Turning in Thurne was a nightmare. I had us nice and tight stern on in Malthouse so a decent sleep. Neatishead was positively tranquil thanks to the adjacent fences and wind direction.

1 hour ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi all, 

We had great plans to get the cover off and go out for a short cruise, but because of the winds we are staying put in the marina and certainly not attempting to take off the cover. We are certainly being buffeted about currently. The water levels are high, our neighbours boat bow line had torn apart but we’ve sorted it out and told the marina staff who have called the owner.  Oh for some calm sunny weather ...... but on the bright side we have a stock of Fray Bentos pies and chocolate bars in the galley ready for dinner :default_biggrin:

• Like 3

Yes  it is VERY breezy here in Brundall, I am supposed to be polishing the hull but to hull with that.

So, sat here in Herons View very cosy, watching the Yare wondering if I should go surfing or just waste time checking what you lot are doing.

paul

2 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi all, 

Hi Neil, 

We left Brundall on Tuesday after staying in the marina from Saturday morning, we could not take the two couples that came to inspect Ranworth Breeze on the river because of the windy conditions. 

We had to venture out on Tuesday lunchtime in order to top up the fuel and get the toilet tanks pumped out, we met with our fellow owners but they just used the boat until Thursday morning as a base when they decided it was best to go home.

My mate Chris and I had a great time on the boat from the 1st to 12th March even with the conditions. We managed to get all the season start jobs completed and the boat was fully ready for the season ahead.

Regards

Alan

• Like 4