Reedham Rail Bridge Closure

mdblackburn

hi all,

apparently Reedham rail  bridge is closed on the weekend of 23rd march, i have just bought a boat which i need to move on that weekend, from brundall to acle, the air draft of said boat is 9'3" if the bridge is closed does it mean does it mean i cannot go under? or is it just that they cannot open the bridge, and will i go under it without it opening?

anyone on this site able to give me advice about this, its closed for signalling works allegedly, and any information would be very useful.

thanks

mark.

15 minutes ago, mdblackburn said:

hi all,

apparently Reedham rail  bridge is closed on the weekend of 23rd march, i have just bought a boat which i need to move on that weekend, from brundall to acle, the air draft of said boat is 9'3" if the bridge is closed does it mean does it mean i cannot go under? or is it just that they cannot open the bridge, and will i go under it without it opening?

anyone on this site able to give me advice about this, its closed for signalling works allegedly, and any information would be very useful.

thanks

mark.

10ft at average high water 2ft to 2ft 6ins rise and fall

I would imagine that you would be able to transit Reedham bridge if clearance is there for you.

See    http://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/boating/navigating-the-broads/bridge-heights-and-opening-times

BA say 10ft clearance at HW in Summer.

All the buggeration factor over the railway will be finished at the end of March!