Getting More Difficult To Find Something Affordible To Eat While Traverling

Thiswan

Disappointed to find the transport cafe "The World Famous Comfort Cafe" (Cambridgeshire) closed down on route back from a week on the Broads. Apparently been closed about a year it was really handy for us when traveling back and forth now there only seems to be Fast Food or expensive places. The good old transport places are really rare!

Ałl the little chefs closed,  some have been reopened as Kentucky fried cluck, or burgler king or submarine way,  or moonbucks, most are on very much reduced hours... 

Access to toilets is much reduced to... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thiswan said:

Disappointed to find the transport cafe "The World Famous Comfort Cafe" (Cambridgeshire) closed down on route back from a week on the Broads. Apparently been closed about a year it was really handy for us when traveling back and forth now there only seems to be Fast Food or expensive places. The good old transport places are really rare!

If coming down the A11, where the Junction with the A14, theres a place called "The Hogue Farm Shop" where Karen and i always stop fora cuppa, or lunch on the way home etc. The cafe is lovely, but not a truckstop. The food has always been good too. It`s just off the  A11 Norwich bound carraigeway about 1/2 mile after the A14 split, blink and you miss it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips everyone I'll make notes in my Broads book for next time Some very decent folk on here I must say. You wouldn't believe how disappointed I was when I went to turn into the Cafe Carpark to be met with a wall of concrete blocks! And to cap it all we eventually picked up Sandwiches in the motorway services which were awful and I think gave my Wife food poisoning, not a nice trip back. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheQ said:

Ałl the little chefs closed,  some have been reopened as Kentucky fried cluck, or burgler king or submarine way,  or moonbucks, most are on very much reduced hours... 

Access to toilets is much reduced to... 

Droning up and down the A1 the other week, a fair number of Little Chefs seem to have reincarnated as 'Adult Shops' - go figure!

• Haha 1