March Reflection

SwanR

So here we are again. Back aboard Swan Reflection 1. I’m posting from my phone courtesy of Richardson’s on board wi-fi so these posts may be brief! Good journey up from Essex. Nice lunch in Bridgestone’s Tea Rooms in Potter Heigham. Very good handover from a nice polite young man and out of the yard by 2. 

Very quiet cruise down to How Hill. Turned around and went back to moor at Irstead. Hurray! Finally I have managed to get on the staithe here! Took a walk to look round the church then on to the Boardwalk for a lovely peaceful look at Barton Broad. Beautiful even on a grey day. 

Now back on board with the heating on having a very quiet evening. 

B025D4FD-2DEE-45D3-98D6-9717FF2205CA.jpeg

2D402F1C-DD33-4AC0-A94D-F605211E4935.jpeg

C1B606AD-476B-4EC5-92E5-041A38AA3B5C.jpeg

• Like 21

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Probably avoiding me! 

We met Mr and Mrs Seagypsy on San Domingo 3 at lunchtime. Had a lovely chat with them in the sunshine. 

I'd never avoid you Jean, love to meet up

It would be lovely to get the chance to say hello to you Jay. Will have to message you my itinerary once I have an idea where we are going tomorrow. May well end up at Womack Dyke or Womack Water. Hope to at least get the chance to wave before you head back south.  :default_icon_wave:

Day 2 then. And it turned into an absolutely beautiful sunny afternoon. 

So the day started at Irstead. Cruised up to Neatishead, my first time ever down Lime Kiln Dyke. Then back to Ludham Bridge where we stopped for coffee. On from there to the New Inn in Horning for lunch. Had a lovely chat with Seagypsy and his good lady - lovely to meet you both - before cruising on towards Salhouse. 

Turned around and came back to Cockshoot Dyke where we are now moored. Barring any late arrivals we have the place to ourselves! Took a walk down to the Broad and are now sat in for the evening about to get some tea. 

A few photos - not sure how the quality is coming out as they are from my phone. 

Edited to say that I spoke too soon! Another boat has just moored up as the sun is setting!

9E995752-D0AD-49CE-9125-2308D9154806.jpeg

E3FCE986-EE16-4170-8415-CA15F148D5CD.jpeg

AA3F3B7B-6F28-482F-B88C-2E7957F56A20.jpeg

• Like 12

45 minutes ago, SwanR said:

It would be lovely to get the chance to say hello to you Jay. Will have to message you my itinerary once I have an idea where we are going tomorrow. May well end up at Womack Dyke or Womack Water. Hope to at least get the chance to wave before you head back south.  :default_icon_wave:

Sorry Jean, as we have already privately spoken of, I'm back darn sarf but I'm sorry to have missed you. You really must get your Shadow boats correct :default_biggrin:

I'm not going to mention how my meerkat head popped up at Acle when Swan Radiance appeared beside me this morning and I initially thought it was you :facepalm:

Anyway, enjoy your holiday and I hope to see you soon :default_icon_wave:

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

A few photos - not sure how the quality is coming out as they are from my phone.

They are great Jean, the sky looks really blue and the pictures are good and clear. Fingers crossed for more sun during the rest of the week for you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwanR said:

Lovely photos Mrs SwanR, I'm so sorry we couldn't meet up for a kiss and a cuddle, but maybe next time, I hope.

I really hope you enjoy the rest of your break :default_smile: