San Elena

Guest Jonny

couple of questions

has anybody hired her before any views

does she have a fixed helm seat what are the heads like please dont tell me it has a pump handle toilet i had enough with the last one :evil:

what is the single cabin like?

any shots of the inside?

Jonny ice sliceice slice

That's more than a couple Jonny!

couple of questions

has anybody hired her before any views

does she have a fixed helm seat what are the heads like please dont tell me it has a pump handle toilet i had enough with the last one :evil:

what is the single cabin like?

any shots of the inside?

Jonny ice sliceice slice

In order:

Yes, she is a decent boat, nothing spectacular but decent.

I think the helm seat is fixed. Toilets are those annoying pump handle ones.

The single cabin was used by my sister-in-law who described it as a "coffin". She is probably a size 10-12.

No sorry.

She is well looked after and a decent comfortable hire boat with some thoughtful extras (like the canopies which can be used to weather the folding screens - I wish sliding wheelhouse boats I'd been on had these). She is a little underpowered for my liking - a 40hp Nanni with hydraulic transmission and no bow thruster on a 44x12ft boat, your skills in anticipation will be tested properly.

I think the helm seat is fixed. Toilets are those annoying pump handle ones.

The single cabin was used by my sister-in-law who described it as a "coffin". She is probably a size 10-12.

well that aint looking to good for me then looks like i am going to suffer yet again :cry:cry

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Hi Jonny.

Hired San Elena back in 2005. It's a nice spacious boat and the layout (with the 2 saloons) works really well as it allows the party to spread out. The single cabin is very much a broom cupboard - my daughter was only 5 at the time and even she found it small. The other cabins are all fine though and the front one has a very spacious feel. Engine was pretty new at the time I think and ultra quiet. I like the sun roof within the sliding roof and the large rear 'patio' area. Can't remember what the toilets were like which probably means they're OK.

Hi Jonny, maybe the best way of picking a suitable boat is to wait a little while until near the end of the season, then take a trip down to the yard to 'hand pick' a boat for next years hire. We did this last November, and the staff were very friendly and willing to let us have a look onboard any boats we fancied, and indeed it was by a process of elimination that we finally booked 'Supreme' for the week of NBN's May meet :)

Julz :wave

Jonny,

We hired this boat several years ago now because we were taking my elderly parents on the Broads.

It was the ONLY boat out of the huge choice available that ticked all the boxes, with a single level throughout (except the 3 or so steps up to the cockpit seating / helm area) and large enough to house our party.

It is possible to walk from one end of the boat without changing level - the cockpit steps are to the side of this "single level thoroughfare."

I am sure that I have some photos (albeit not up to date), but surely Clive should be able to help you there.

Iff you PM me with an email address, I will send what I have.

It is incredibly quiet from the helm position with the engine situated in a locker at the stern.

Steve

Hi Jonny

I've attached some of SAN DIEGO, as it's fairly similar and thought may give you some ideas.

As single cabins go I find double cabins generally quite small on most boats so I think to me, bearing this in mind a single cabin is going to be suitable for a child only - maybe look towards a boat where you can have a double, anything else will be cramped I would think.

Why not look aboard on one of her turn-round days, I'm sure Richardsons wont mind.

All the best

Dan

post-93-13671373016_thumb.jpg

post-93-136713730173_thumb.jpg

post-93-136713730186_thumb.jpg

post-93-136713730485_thumb.jpg

post-93-136713730499_thumb.jpg

Hi Dan

thank you for the photo's much appreciated cheersbarcheersbar

well looks like we will be going ahead with San Elena i hope it doesn't have a helm seat like that i could just about fit one cheek in that thing :cry:cry:cry

why do they have to punish the big person :cry:cry

Jonny ice sliceice slice