Some availability for the summer...

Dan

.... Le Boat have lumped there 20% discount (previously for July & August) on September bookings now so you can have Capri for 3 nights for a measly £235 (and you can opt out of a damage waiver if you want). Just biding my time now as I can only go in October! Richardsons are going to have to drop their prices to compete!

Or are they sufficently booked up enough not to, having set their stall out on fair good value pricing from the start so getting all the strongest, earlier booking business rather than pricing the boats at sky high prices then doing permanent special offers to bring the prices in-line with what they should have been to be competitive to start with? That is good value from Le Boat , but I would have already booked by now at a fleet being sensible on pricing from the start, and I wonder how many other people will be the same.

Certainly when I was there in April they (Le boat) didn't seem to have very many out, personally I think their pricing strategy and the prices in the Hoseasons brochure for the Horning classes of Capri, Caprice, Cirrus and Tamaris are an absolute joke and an insult to the intelligence they must attribute to their customers. I like a lot of their boats but I shall give my money elsewhere wherever possible as a result! Right, help me down off my principalled soapbox will ya?! :lol:

All the best

Dan

I agree Dan

Lee boat do have se really cracking boats but there OTT prices were reticules.

We would rather spend out cash on a yard that charges fair prices for there boats with a wide range to chose from with a very good rep

IE richardsons Next year will be our seconed year same goes for a few of the yards out there.

But when they start charging stupid amounts then there boats are not going to het out

It's certainly a different pricing strategy, but one that I don't really have a problem with. If it means they're ending up with less bookings as a result then I would expect it to change. They certainly didn't help themselves (if it was their fault) by putting higher prices in the Hoseasons brochure from the ones in the Le Boat brochure that are also available online. However, at the end of the day with Capri they're now undercutting Richardson's identical Siesta by some margin. I also like being able to opt out of the Damage Waiver - give me a returnable security deposit (even if it's a few hundred quid) any day but nobody else gives you that option.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi all, yes the Le boat prices ARE far too high, and i would suspect they have had to DRASTICALLY cut them to try and win back customers, and the only way to do that is to make their boats more attractive on price. However, i wonder if they get a lot more bookings, will the prices rocket again out of pure greed. There are plenty of yards which offer excellent, but older boats for a much better price, which in my mind makes them much better value for money. I know Maffett cruisers give you the price, and that`s it, NO hidden extras like car parking, hair dryers etc etc whatsoever. That`s the sort of pricing policy i like, one price, and turn up, load up, and go cruising. And i`ve ALWAYS found them cheaper by far than anybody else. Their only drawback is they don`t have any boats for 4-6 so you can two doubles, and not have to make up settee`s at nights. Perhaps young Dan can talk them into getting a couple of bigger boats. I`ve tried, but to no avail, so it`s over to you young Danmeister :naughty::naughty: .

hi neil,maffett used to hire larger berth boats and with the current up turn in hire bookings they may well again, i do love their old wooden boats their fantastic and so well kept. totally agree with comments on le boat. who on earth came up with thoses hire prices :norty:

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Andy, regarding Maffett Cruisers larger boats, i know, i`ve hired one. It was the Osprey at 42 ft long with a huge lounge area and 3 toilet/shower comps, 2 being en-suite. She was a fabulous boat and i was disappointed when John and Linda got rid of her. They sold her to Herbert Woods who as soon as they got her, crammed in a twin cabin in place of part of the salloon. Talk about cramming bums in berths?????????????????. The only other one like her with the same layout is from Richo`s called (either) Onyx or Oyster. I sincerely hope Clives team don`t change the layout, as it`s one of the best most spacious layout plans for a 6 berth boat. As for Johns wooden ones, well i hired the Kingfisher 7 times, and although she had a GRP hull, she had a wooden top, and was my favourite of ALL his boats with many many happy memories. We also hired Mandarin twice (a DC30) and the all wood Swallow which SWMBO and i have hired twice, and are looking to hire her next June, but i`d prefer it with a different layout plan. Even so, it`d not stop us hiring it. Regards ......................... Neil.

Maffetts jay is a five berth a lovely boat ive been inside for a look and she's realy nice as you say neil maffett's boats are always kept in great condition

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I think it looks like i`m going to have to get my booking in soon as there seems to be some competition in the wings ;);) . Regards ................... Neil.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Maffetts jay is a five berth a lovely boat ive been inside for a look and she's realy nice as you say neil maffett's boats are always kept in great condition

Hi Dominic, they most certainly are, and the ONLY reason we did`nt hire her this year is because we wanted two double cabins, preferably en-suite, whereas Jay would require the dinette to be made up and taken apart every night, which we had to do on one of the Fenland boats last year. It was a real pain, and very inconvenient, but that`s only my opinion, whereas many people are more than happy to do this. What i DO like about the Jay is that she`s a comfortable 3 berth without the need to make up settee berths, and the single is in its own cabin. Not many boats like that at all. Regards ................. Neil.

• 4 weeks later...

Dan,

we steered away from tinted glass so that at the risk of not looking cool our hirers would be able to see out :)

Also, there are two more Siestas and we are picking up 2 more tomorrow which should be available by Monday.

we steered away from tinted glass so that at the risk of not looking cool our hirers would be able to see out...

What a ridiculous outlook, if you dont mind me saying. :lol:

Eastern Gem looked good value. Will all the Siesta's stay at Stalham or will any be off to Acle for next season?

Dan

P.S Have attached another of my piccies which Hoseasons can use if they wish :naughty:

post-93-136713760637_thumb.jpg

What a ridiculous outlook, if you dont mind me saying. :lol:

Eastern Gem looked good value. Will all the Siesta's stay at Stalham or will any be off to Acle for next season?

Dan

P.S Have attached another of my piccies which Hoseasons can use if they wish :naughty:

i have to say it looks very smart :trophy

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Hi Simon,

when the Stalham fleet reaches the magic 300 mark we will start replacing boats at Acle. We just cant physically fit any more in there...

ill take an horizon or any boat your willing Clive begging.gif

Jonny ice sliceice slice:naughty::naughty: