New Boat At Pacific Cruisers

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all, 

On their faceache site, Pacific Cruisers have announced and shown a pic of a new boat added to their fleet.  It`s an Aquafibre 28 fwd drv (Pearl?), with split sliding fwd roof, 2-4 berth. 

While on their site, i`ve asked them if they allow private boats to moor in their yard overnight if the staithe and Pye`s Mill are full, i`l let you all know if the get back to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Yes they've had it on their website for a couple of months, ex Hampton hire boat and looks very tempting. It was discussed on here before but I can't find the thread. They've sold Emerald and Moonlight to finance it. 

Yeah, Karen and i hired Emerald for a weekend one October to go to one of the NBN meets at the Coldham Hall.  It was a very spacious boat for 2, you could even say space was wasted in some areas, but not by much. She did however have a naff heater, which is what you rely on in late season. She was a quick boat, with a recent Nanni engine, and well turned out. 

With Pacifics very freindly service, whoever hires it won`t be disappointed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Yeah, Karen and i hired Emerald for a weekend one October to go to one of the NBN meets at the Coldham Hall.  It was a very spacious boat for 2, you could even say space was wasted in some areas, but not by much. She did however have a naff heater, which is what you rely on in late season. She was a quick boat, with a recent Nanni engine, and well turned out. 

With Pacifics very freindly service, whoever hires it won`t be disappointed.

I have happy memories of Emerald also, hiring it in a cold April week in 2006 with my son who was then 11. Yep the heating was rubbish then but I know they improved it later on.

I really like the Aquafibre 28, especially the wide doorway in to the bow well which sets it apart from other forward drive designs. 

• Like 2

Sunshine is a very tidy Opal 28, I had a look over her when Richard acquired her back in October 18. According to Facebook he has now added a bow thruster making her very easy to handle. I agree with Broads 1 that the wide front door way and forward cockpit are stand out features over the equivalent Alpha design all be slightly less accommodation. The layout however feels slightly more spacious than Broom Bolero and the toilet and shower are along the side of the boat rather than across. I am not sure whether she will still have it on hire however she did have a reversing camera too. All in all for her spec she is one of the best value Opal 28 on the Broads I am tempted particularly with the bow thruster however the one downside is the settee in the saloon which is a lovely piece of furniture however doesn't extend therefore she is really suited to a couple with a child.

Neil

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

http://www.pacificcruisers.co.uk/small-boats.html

Looks a smart boat. Hydraulic drive. Must have a decent inverter as there is a microwave. Interior photos look good. Compact but ideal for a couple. Can't see the prices though unless I'm missing something.

Why not ask if they would do an out of season hire Howard, you never know, if they`re going to make a weeks hire, they might just do it, especially if you can give references from other fleets?.

Although shorter the Opel has two big advantages over the Alpha model. In good weather the helmsman position is not covered  and also the fore cockpit can be used for sitting out in whereas on the Alpha it is really not much use other than for mooring. The woodwork which I believe is elm looks superb.

Fred

• 10 months later...

Hi,

Just an update on Pacific Cruisers. They have added another cruiser to their fleet, it is an Aquafibre 32 Sapphire dual steer named Pacific Spirit. I understand she will eventually replace Princess although she is still on hire for 2020 at least ( I am booked on Princess for May and Sunshine in June). Confusingly Dawn has been sold however a like for like replacement is yet to be found. She doesn't appear on their website yet, although pricing and details can be found on the Waterways site using library photos. As usual pricing is competitive coming in around £100 and £250 less than the Stalham equivalent plus it has 240v, shore power and a bow thruster. Sorry if this comes across as an advert it's just good to see small yards and Southern river operations investing and thriving particularly friendly well run operations who still have to compete with the big boys without their budgets.

Neil

• Like 5