Semi Liveaboard

Cockatoo

9 hours ago, SteveDuk said:

Well I've put an offer in on our 'forever'* boat, subject to survey etc.

Anyone recommend a surveyor?

*not literally forever, just a long time :)

Hi Steve

We used someone called Ian Lumley of Lumley Marine.  The survey was good, highlighted a few points that we hadn’t seen, too and wasn’t extortionately expensive.  If you are buying through NYA, he is in their list.

Good luck with it mate.

9 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

Hells bells Steve you don’t mess about are you trying to keep up with Robin Good luck mate

John

Well this one was planned for a while, Freya was a bit of an accident, I only stopped for a pint :)

• Haha 1

Well the survey was postponed until the lift was available yesterday. When I got there Ian (the surveyor) had already had a good poke about and found a few small problems and then it was time for the river trial. Then the lift. We left Ian poking around at the hull and now I'm biting my fingernails waiting for the result :)

Here's a small taster.

PS I've fallen in love with the engines, old, over-engineered and a bit agricultural. Just like me!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

So how's it going?

Well I've been here for nearly six weeks now and I'm loving it. I have popped home twice, the first time a few weeks ago for a couple of days and last week I popped  down for just over 24 hours (about 24 hours too long). I couldn't wait to get back.

We have settled into a routine, with Debs here every weekend and coming up one night during the week (usually Wednesday night). The great news is that when she told her work she would be looking for a new job up here they offered to let her work remotely for part of the week so she'll be here for a majority of the time.

Ebay deliver Click'n'Collect to the nearby Sainsbury's and Amazon do Local Collect to Brundall post office for smaller parcels although have have just ordered from Amazon for delivery to the boat as a test. If the parcel arrives tomorrow we are sorted.

I would say I wish we'd done it years ago but realistically we weren't in a position to and who knows, maybe the timing was just right now.

Steve

• Like 7