Easter Afloat

Today we ordered our groceries to be delivered to Thunder next Saturday so I can officially get excited now. I actually got excited last Monday thinking we were going today and it wasn't until Wednesday that I realised my mistake. Wednesday was a bad day :default_sad:

I know I say this every time but this time I WILL try and update this every day we are away and post lots of pictures.

Honest :default_blush:

We've got  a week on Thunder, based in Horning, followed by two weeks on Moonlight Shadow based in Brundall. The most exciting thing is that, along with looking at boats for sale, we will be looking at moorings. I'm also going to be looking at what seasonal work is available (not quite so exciting but needs must eh!)

We also have visitors joining us at various times including our two young nephews, the eldest of which hasn't been on a boat before although Grandad Les (the BCE) has already bought them both lifejackets.

The BCE is going to be with us the first two weeks but the last week Debs and I are on our own.

More to come

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Interesting to have shares north and south. 

It gives us the best of both worlds I think.

We like the places we can go in the north, the south always seems more about the journey if that makes sense. If the north is too busy we can go south, if we are in the south and want to see something or someone we can go north.

This time we will probably end up back in Horning for 3 or 4 nights the first week due too visitors and the start of the school holidays. Not having to moor up by lunchtime to get a spot is a lot more relaxing for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteveDuk said:

We like the places we can go in the north, the south always seems more about the journey if that makes sense.

This time we will probably end up back in Horning for 3 or 4 nights the first week due too visitors and the start of the school holidays. Not having to moor up by lunchtime to get a spot is a lot more relaxing for us.

You've summed that up perfectly. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SteveDuk said:

It gives us the best of both worlds I think.

We like the places we can go in the north, the south always seems more about the journey if that makes sense. If the north is too busy we can go south, if we are in the south and want to see something or someone we can go north.

There's no need to moor by lunchtime in my view, even in the summer. I prefer to cruise for longer and be flexible about where I end up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JayFire said:

We are on Moonlight when you are on Thunder Steve so may see you around at some point

Enjoy :default_smile:

Are you going north Jay? We'll be staying up there for that week because of visitors. be good to meet for a pint if you are. Grab my number from the contact sheet :default_smile:

4 hours ago, Broads01 said:

There's no need to moor by lunchtime in my view, even in the summer. I prefer to cruise for longer and be flexible about where I end up. 

We'd be quite happy to just mudweight somewhere but we generally have the dogs with us and need somewhere for them. On one trip last year, when the BCE was dog-sitting, we called in the mooring at Brooms, nipped up the Indian for a takeaway and went and dropped the mudweight on Bargate. it was lovely and peaceful. We were only 10 minutes from our home berth but we could have been on another planet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SteveDuk said:

Are you going north Jay? We'll be staying up there for that week because of visitors. be good to meet for a pint if you are. Grab my number from the contact sheet :default_smile:

I certainly am, I will keep an eye out for you and see where I end up :default_beerchug:

We may see you then. We will honk if we do. We arrive weds before Easter but first day is soft furnishings and shopping and making sure everything works. Friday Charlie Dolphin is joining us so may see you after that. 

Doggies in hunde hotel. 

We will be at Phil’s in Stalham

M

Looks like the season is underway then. A gloomy morning on the webcam at HW but good to see that some of the boats must have gone out yesterday now that it's school holidays across much of the country.

HW.png

• Like 1

On 07/04/2019 at 12:34, SwanR said:

Oh, you mean that it doesn't look like this now ...

Ranworth.jpg

I had a rather busy staithe when I arrived on New Year's Eve last year :default_smiley-angelic002:

20181231_125404.thumb.jpg.4df025b73d865918476cc8d1a7390b4c.jpg

It was lovely seeing in the New Year relaxing and chatting to my lady......until the rest of the world decided to come and moor up too :default_biggrin:

It`s just before 10am, so you`re on your way. If you are able to get this before you get there, why not divert, if it`s not too much trouble, to Loddon, and have lunch at Rosie Lee`s.  If you do, please say hello from us (Neil and Karen, her Dorset regulars lol) and say we`re looking forward to seeing her again at the end of June.  

Hve a great time, i`l be keeping an eye on this thread, and looking forward to hopefully many pictures of Broadland etc in the sun.

Ok so it’s the week before Easter and I’m not actually afloat but thought that anyone waiting for holiday reports might like a quick look at Oulton Broad this morning. Not many people around in the cold wind! Not even any sailies out on the water!

2F419055-5A7D-43B4-BE78-A4ED85673EE6.jpeg

5BAAB54A-D707-4D43-AFB7-1FF439838557.jpeg

0233885A-BA4B-4EC3-B875-51061A94D141.jpeg

• Like 4

We arrived, so did the shopping and relatives. We need electric for a cpac machine so we thought we would be going for a short trip and then returning to our moorings but we took a look at Ranworth and there were two spaces at 4.30!

Mind you, it did sleet on the way here.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 2

Have a great time Steve. I don’t know where spring has gone!! Just been for a walk along the seafront. Bitterly cold northeasterly wind. 6 degrees feeling like 2 degrees at the moment. Needed my scarf, hat and gloves plus thermals and winter jacket!!