Full English Breakfast

TostockTimonier

Alright, alright Mr Nog, calm down. I'll have to find someone else to sort out my morning sausage instead then :default_biggrin:

5 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I can also say getting old hasn't diminished my appetite.....:default_icon_e_biggrin:

And we are still talking about eating breakfast here aren't we Sir??? :default_smiley-angelic002:

nothing beats at the end of a long drive up to Norfolk, popping into the Mcdonalds near brundall for a big breakfast or big mac - well when I say nothing beats it, its a great relief when getting to the end of the journey starving hungry - at any other time almost anything beats it. pretty much the only time I go to McD's is on a long drive, its quick its easy and only adds a few minutes to the trip.

I have been known to have the very occasional "Mac" of some size or other, though I do tend to prefer a burger stand for that sort of thing, however, not for breakfast, and I certainly wouldn't think of it as a "cooked breakfast".

for me, the perfect F.E.B. (Full English Breakfast) is 2 fried eggs, 2 rashers of good bacon, 1 or perhaps 2 good sausages, baked beans, mushrooms fried tomato, and fried bread..

Extra points can be gained with the availability of black pudding or even a kidney or two.

Points will be lost if there are either hash browns or chips present.

Extra slices of bread or better still toast being available will also add points. 

Finally, the quality and quantity of coffee adds or subtracts from the final score.

With the number of really good butchers on the broads, I find myself often disappointed on being presented with some generic mass produced sausage, and often the bacon "could do better".

I am yet to try Rosie Lee's famous breakfasts, having only been to that mooring once, and that was a lunchtime.  

Best question I've ever been asked when ordering a breakfast... "Would you like two eggs or three?"

• Like 2

15 hours ago, annv said:

Posh Pigs at ellough airfield Beccles is best i have ever had small ,medium and large bit of a long walk from yacht station though this is medium breakfast , large is three of everything plus coffee John

a-medium-english-breakfast.jpg

Crumbs that is a bit of a stretch walking all that way.      You would be starving by the time you arrived there and certainly would have worn it off by the time you got back so a big plus plus,   dieters special in fact.   

13 hours ago, Jayfire said:

My appetite hasn't decreased Mrs V, you're more than welcome to come on my boat and serve up as much as you want for me in the open air...   :default_hiding:

12 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Hands off Mrs V Mr Fire Sir!! Mrs Nog and I have already invited her to share her cooking skills with us.

Now now boys, I’m sure we could manage a compromise. Cap’n Jay can have breakfast and Mr and Mrs Nog are on the list for supper so no worries. I guess I’ll have to organise a marquee for a day and have a ‘cook-in’! Breakfast followed by an all day bbq followed by a 3 course supper. BYO booze or whatever. Now, where to hold this extravaganza?...................:facepalm:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

the perfect F.E.B. (Full English Breakfast) is 2 fried eggs, 2 rashers of good bacon, 1 or perhaps 2 good sausages, baked beans, mushrooms fried tomato, and fried bread..

Now that I reckon is a proper traditional FEB. Nowadays it would be called a heart attack on a plate but I know my ancestors would have enjoyed such a breakfast quite regularly. Particularly my grandfather who ate like a horse but worked like a Trojan and remained slim all his life, even in retirement. 

• Like 1

For a weekend at home it's take dog in the car for a walk somewhere, drop into b&q car park on the way back and get a big brekkie from the phat fryer, 2 bacon,2 eggs, 2 black pud, jumbo sausage, toms, shrooms, take it home and split it between us with beans added, all for a fiver!

MM, It's on the left opposite the Jet petrol station in the centre of Coltishall. About 15mins walk from The Rising Sun. If you time it right and go there for Brunch, there is then the excellent Red Lion for early lunch to wash down brunch on the way back. :default_beerchug:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Where abouts in Coltishall is that Jay?... looks good

As ECIPA says straight up the road from the moorings at The Rising Sun pub mate

Screenshot_20190409-155356_Maps.thumb.jpg.b73e965e3d19658017db4ccc61c5f843.jpg

5 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Don't worry Smoggy, the last thing I'd do is eat myself to death !   :-)

An English breakfast is perfectly fine when eaten as part of a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.

Personally I find it healthy to lift weights of 568ml repetitively, every single day. Well I am a commited kinda guy. :default_beerchug:

10 hours ago, Jayfire said:

An English breakfast is perfectly fine when eaten as part of a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.

Personally I find it healthy to lift weights of 568ml repetitively, every single day. Well I am a commited kinda guy. :default_beerchug:

Wow! I am impressed, that's a lot of Red wine :default_icon_e_surprised::409_wine_glass:

• Haha 1

Normally I only eat two small slices of toast for breakfast.

But during our recent visit to Northern England** (3-10 April) I had excellent English breakfasts when we stayed at B&Bs (Mobberly, Keswick, Buxton).  Suprisingly that together with sizeable pub dinners had not caused my to put on weigth - its just more unfortunately distributed.

Back to 2 slices toast now (can't get the bacon out here you know)...

** Intended to be a last pre-Brexit visit - foiled again.

• Haha 1

Here's the list so far, from NBN and NBN Facebook,   :default_smile:

The Red Lion in Coltishall

A Piece Of Cake in Coltishall

River Kitchen in Hoveton

Charlotte’s in Hoveton

The Old Mill Cafe in  Wroxham

The Wherryman's Cafe in Wroxham

Cafe 14 in Wroxham

The Wayfarers Cafe at Ludham Bridge

The Café by Stalham petrol station

Wayford Bridge Inn

Meales Garden Centre which is just along from Wayford Bridge Inn

The Maltsters Ranworth are going to start serving takeaway breakfast wraps

Bridgestones at Potter Heigham

Flour & Bean at Potter Heigham

Stracey Arms Mill Shop and Tea Rooms nr Tunstall

Everitt Park Cafe at Oulton

WRC in Burgh St Peter

Rosie Lee's Tea Room in Loddon

The Surlingham Ferry Inn

The Coffee Shop Brundall

East Hills Cafe in Brundall

The Town House in Thorpe St Andrew

On 09/04/2019 at 11:02, Willow said:

On way down to broads we stop at Bennys dinner on the Way just before Sutton Bridge,  lovely Breakfasts, thick cut toast a big Benny does us all day,

Reasonably priced to, 

Yes, we do exactly the same and you're right it does!