Full English Breakfast

TostockTimonier

Thank you JanetAnne. Updated, please keep them coming.

Full English Breakfast

The Red Lion in Coltishall

A Piece Of Cake in Coltishal

Charlotte’s in Hoveton

River Kitchen in Hoveton

The Wherryman's Cafe in Wroxham

Cafe 14 in Wroxham

The Old Mill Cafe in Wroxham

The Wayfarers Cafe at Ludham Bridge

The Café by Stalham petrol station

Wayford Bridge Inn

Meales Garden Centre which is just along from Wayford Bridge Inn

The Maltsters Ranworth are going to start serving takeaway breakfast wraps

BridgeStones at Potter Heigham

Flour & Bean at Potter Heigham

Stracey Arms Mill Shop and Tea Rooms in Tunstall

Everitt Park Cafe at Oulton Broad

Wherry Hotel in Oulton Broad

WRC on the Waveney

Rosie Lee's Tea Room in Loddon

The Surlingham Ferry Inn

The Coffee Shop Brundall

East Hills Cafe in Brundall

The Town House in Thorpe St Andrew

i wish we could stop berating the good old full English, it's the healthy option for breakfast. Grilled tomato, mushroom, baked beans and a glass of fruit juice .... that's four of your five a day. You don't get that from a bowl of All Bran do you?

I fully agree that hash browns or any other potato product should be nowhere near breakfast, as in truth for me should baked beans.

Two good quality thick pork sausages, plain pork, not cumberlands or lincolns or pork and apple or any other adulteration. three slices of thick cut, dry cured green middle back bacon, two soft fried eggs, a slice of fried bread, cut in two with one of the eggs on each, a large fresh tomato halved and grilled, chestnut mushrooms, halved and dry fried and a slice of black pudding. All accompanied by a glass of freshly squeezed orange and grapefruit juice, a strong white freshly ground coffee and a slice of toast and honey. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Paul said:

Two good quality thick plain pork sausages,  three slices of thick cut, dry cured green middle back bacon, two soft fried eggs, a slice of fried bread, cut in two with one of the eggs on each, a large fresh tomato halved and grilled, chestnut mushrooms, halved and dry fried and a slice of black pudding. All accompanied by a glass of freshly squeezed orange and grapefruit juice, a strong white freshly ground coffee with a slice of toast with honey

Yep, That's a good'n. I slightly edited the quote just to concentrate on the items. For me the coffee would be black ( and strangely without rum ) and I'd either have the toast with just butter  and possibly some marmalade. How do you stand on field mushrooms? (Hmmm, I think I should re-phrase that ) … (Nahhh) .

Stalham butchers does some great sausages plain or otherwise, as does Massinghams (Hoveton) and the butchers in Horning, Ludham , and Coltishall. on the northern waters. All these are useful places if you are shopping for a barbecue too.  

• Like 1

We like Massinghams, but here's an admission for you. There are some good sausages to be had in supermarkets too nowadays. Tesco Finest Traditional Pork are really good, 97% pork and decent price. As well as traditional size is packs of six they also do a pack of ten slightly shorter suasages which are ideal for toad in the hole. Sadly I don't like shopping at Tesco for anything else!

We have three "family butchers" in town but only one of them makes decent sausages, but at £13.20/kg they don't find their way into my fridge. 

21 hours ago, Frankphughes said:

I would add a Tattie scone, a wee bit of haggis and a slice of fried fruit pudding,

Tattie scone! Haggis! Fruit pudding! Om a full ENGLISH breakfast! Prepare to rebel the Jacobites, send for Marshall Wade and strike up the National Anthem ....

Lord, grant that Marshal Wade,
May by thy mighty aid,
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
and like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush,
God save the King.

Join in everyone, full chorus. Bu88er Brexit and the French, our breakfast is under attack!

On 17/04/2019 at 07:03, Paul said:

Tattie scone! Haggis! Fruit pudding! Om a full ENGLISH breakfast! Prepare to rebel the Jacobites, send for Marshall Wade and strike up the National Anthem ....

May by thy mighty aid,
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
and like a torrent rush,
God save the King.

Join in everyone, full chorus. Bu88er Brexit and the French, our breakfast is under attack!

Lord grant that Marshal Wade 

Ate Croissants Avec Marmalade

Petite dejeuner bring. 

Wade said the best I’ve had

Full Scottish not that bad

Updated list :default_icon_e_biggrin:

Full English Breakfast

The Red Lion in Coltishall

A Piece Of Cake in Coltishall

Charlotte’s in Hoveton

River Kitchen in Hoveton

The Wherryman's Cafe in Wroxham

Cafe 14 in Wroxham

The Old Mill Cafe in Wroxham

The Wayfarers Cafe at Ludham Bridge

The Café by Stalham petrol station

Wayford Bridge Inn

Meales Garden Centre which is just along from Wayford Bridge Inn

The Maltsters Ranworth are going to start serving takeaway breakfast wraps

BridgeStones at Potter Heigham

Flour & Bean at Potter Heigham

Scooters Cafe in The Street Acle

Stracey Arms Mill Shop and Tea Rooms in Tunstall

Everitt Park Cafe at Oulton Broad

Wherry Hotel in Oulton Broad

WRC on the Waveney

Rosie Lee's Tea Room in Loddon

The Ship in Reedham (check after Easter)

The Surlingham Ferry Inn

The Coffee Shop Brundall

East Hills Cafe in Brundall

The Town House in Thorpe St Andrew

Thanks everyone, keep them coming :417_fork_and_knife:

• Thanks 2

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 17:47, annv said:

Posh Pigs at ellough airfield Beccles is best i have ever had small ,medium and large bit of a long walk from yacht station though this is medium breakfast , large is three of everything plus coffee John

a-medium-english-breakfast.jpg

This one has my vote but it is slightly difficult to find as it is on a small industrial estate. We attended a funeral at the nearby crematorium and as we were intentionally rather early we nipped in there . Good basic grub, excellent tea, reasonable prices, well run and spotlessly clean when we visited.

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 07:03, Paul said:

May by thy mighty aid,
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
and like a torrent rush,
God save the King.

What's wrong with Haggis? I don't want to start a punch up here but I did see an interesting program a few months ago and Haggis is not a native Scottish animal. It comes from a number of countries in various forms. I love them as I do Black Puddings. As with the Haggis, the basic species has various forms in the various countries where it exists.

What I really need information on is "free range sausages". I have never seen any scurrying around any farm fields. Are they a British species, captive escapees or something that just dropped in from the skies?

Now! I know where the elusive White Pudding can be seen. If you can catch one it is delicious if cut into slices and fried until golden brown. As far as I know it is not a protected species but do treat it humanely if you catch one. 

What I would like to know, is fishing for kippers in Gt Yarmouth Harbour permitted during the closed season? Another great British breakfast! 

Bon appetite.    

Oh, by the way, The Troll Cart pub in Great Yarmouth serves full English breakfasts. I know a lot of people on this forum do not like Wetherspoons but their breakfasts are quite passable and very reasonably priced.

On another tack, I know for most people that pizza is not really a breakfast food and I have seen in posts that some people do not like pizza but if The Troll Cart does pizza (some Wetherspoons do not) try the meat feast pizza, you will not be disappointed. You get a free pint or soft drink and if you want to take your pizza away you can sup that whilst you are waiting for it to be cooked. Price and quality wise it knocks the spots off pizza outlets.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Troutbridge said:

Oh, by the way, The Troll Cart pub in Great Yarmouth serves full English breakfasts. I know a lot of people on this forum do not like Wetherspoons but their breakfasts are quite passable and very reasonably priced.

On another tack, I know for most people that pizza is not really a breakfast food and I have seen in posts that some people do not like pizza but if The Troll Cart does pizza (some Wetherspoons do not) try the meat feast pizza, you will not be disappointed. You get a free pint or soft drink and if you want to take your pizza away you can sup that whilst you are waiting for it to be cooked. Price and quality wise it knocks the spots off pizza outlets.

Any Wetherspoons does a good breakfast never tried the food though :default_norty:

1 hour ago, Troutbridge said:

What I really need information on is "free range sausages". I have never seen any scurrying around any farm fields. Are they a British species, captive escapees or something that just dropped in from the skies?

It depends what kind of free range sausages you are talking about. I occasionally spot a free range venison sausage hiding in the chiller cabinet at our local Aldi. I did think I might try them someday but they are a little deer.

• Haha 1