Is It Pc Gone Mad

Seagypsy

Is this what happens when you get older all the things that you enjoyed are no longer acceptable whereas the things that you hated are all the rage. The important things are ignored and silly unimportant trash is hailed as the Holy Grail. Sometimes I think I've landed in a strange world where nearly everything has been reversed and nitpicking self-appointed Do-Gooders have all the power.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thiswan said:

Is this what happens when you get older all the things that you enjoyed are no longer acceptable whereas the things that you hated are all the rage. The important things are ignored and silly unimportant trash is hailed as the Holy Grail. Sometimes I think I've landed in a strange world where nearly everything has been reversed and nitpicking self-appointed Do-Gooders have all the power.

I miss the old style entertainment we used to get, Love Thy Neighbour, Jim Davidsons Chalky etc. I wonder what the ones who start this nitpicking would say if in this case Waitrose could sue them for the cost of removing from the shelves, re--labelling and replacing

• Like 2

Funny enough I've just been binge watching In Sickness and In Health complete collection all 20 hours and 11 minutes of it..... Got box set of Till Death us Do Part for this weekend ....so totally not PC ....😂😂

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Whatever our opinions of this politically correct world in which we live, it was unbelievably stupid of Waitrose to label one of the ducklings "Ugly" in the first place.

Whatever or whoever we are referring to , its mother will love it.

As the saying goes "only a mother could love".  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and so on ......

Rightly or wrongly the current climate is one in which the world and his wife look for offence to take, any business which does not factor this in to its advertising copy and public announcements should know better

One thing that is generally overlooked about the old TV shows Til Death Us Do Part and Love Thy Neighbour is that they were intended to be anti racist because the bigot was always the ignorant fool!

• Like 1