Out on Osprey

Hi all

This weekend we had an unexpected trip out with Barry and Sharron on Osprey. Barry was doing his powerboat level II and a paasage had been planned for today. Following a kind invite we tagged along for the ride :grin:

The weather forecast this morning was 3-4, SW slight - not quite sure where that forecast was for though - could'nt have been Lowestoft :o

Suffice to say we had a "interesting" time comparing the virtures of planning hulls Vs semi's as along the way as we found the holes in the water :o:o

So thats a few more sea miles under our belt.

post-710-136713731532_thumb.jpg

post-710-136713731564_thumb.jpg

Many thanks to Barry and Sharron, and of course John of Norfolk Powerboating for a fantastic day :clap:clap:clap

We had a great time today and thanks for tagging along and for the dinner last night and sandwiches today.

Tracy did fantastically as did the rest of the crew, when the term lumpy was used we did see the bow disappear under the waves a couple of times when we was on the wind against tide leg so it was lumpy alright :o:o but I have to say everybody kept smiling so with out a doubt Tracy has great sea legs :grin: .

On a personal note my power boat intermediate coarse started off very very bad but as the trip went on I built up some confidence and with Sharron's help with headings (I think I need glasses :( ) we managed to cover 21 miles at sea with no big problems apart from the 25 knots of wind over tide :o:o:o .

As for osprey I am very proud to own her she managed the conditions without a worry just as she did last year when we got caught out by the weather.

cheersbar Barry and Sharron

Wayne if you fancy trying a semidisplacement hull we will be doing Southwold on Sunday. Windguru are giving out 2.4m wave hight so will be weather permitting.