Norfolk N Good!

JennyMorgan

Well done to the Canaries - Well chuffed for them.  Even more pleased that the Blades pipped Dirty Leeds to the second spot.

My own Donny? Well we made the play off's but I don't hold out much hope of being successful there.  I'm kinda concerned that if Donny do go back up to the championship - this time round we would proper struggle.  Probably better off staying where we are

Griff

• Like 1

Great day for Leyton Orient in my house! They won the National League to get the one automatic promotion place back up to Division Two. Quite remarkable considering where they were two years ago, almost out of business and without a full squad of players. They're in the FA Trophy final in a few weeks time so one more match at Wembley before we're finished for this season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

So pleased for Norwich,  only one bit of advice ,   dont sell off all of your good players and let the Manager go this time,   otherwise you will be once again relegated.   Delia hope you are listening.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Well done to the Canaries - Well chuffed for them.  Even more pleased that the Blades pipped Dirty Leeds to the second spot.

My own Donny? Well we made the play off's but I don't hold out much hope of being successful there.  I'm kinda concerned that if Donny do go back up to the championship - this time round we would proper struggle.  Probably better off staying where we are

Griff

Tigers nearly made the play offs, did well considering they were bottom in October and they did beat Leeds 2-0 at Elland Rd when they were top. Best of luck to Canaries in Prem. If Donny make it they' ll have to play Leeds next season.

• Like 1

I'm chuffed Norwich have gained promotion, I have developed a real soft spot for the Canaries.

It could be from visiting the broads and its villages, towns and city.....or it could be that it's another guaranteed 6 points for Liverpool again next season :default_smiley-angelic002:

2 hours ago, Jayfire said:

I'm chuffed Norwich have gained promotion, I have developed a real soft spot for the Canaries.

It could be from visiting the broads and its villages, towns and city.....or it could be that it's another guaranteed 6 points for Liverpool again next season :default_smiley-angelic002:

Only time will tell.................

5 hours ago, Hylander said:

So pleased for Norwich,  only one bit of advice ,   dont sell off all of your good players and let the Manager go this time,   otherwise you will be once again relegated.   Delia hope you are listening.

If Norwich had remained in the Championship, I think there would have been a good chance of them losing Pukki, Vrancic and one or two others. Now they should be able to hold on to them and maybe find a couple more good ‘uns. Onwards and upwards Canaries - well done! :default_eusa_dance:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jayfire said:

Anything can happen in football, newly promoted Hull beat champions Leicester in the fist match of the season the other year

11 hours ago, Seagypsy said:

Tigers nearly made the play offs, did well considering they were bottom in October and they did beat Leeds 2-0 at Elland Rd when they were top. Best of luck to Canaries in Prem. If Donny make it they' ll have to play Leeds next season.

"The" Tigers, no Allam tripe thank you very much. :default_rolleyes:

On 28/04/2019 at 13:12, vanessan said:

Only time will tell.................

:default_biggrin: Looks like you like football Mrs V, I'm saving this comment ready for next season. I always looked forward to the guaranteed battering we dished out, and that was when we were crap :default_biggrin:

I wonder if Suarez wants to come back for a couple of games next season for his usual hat trick, ahh I do love Norwich :default_smiley-angelic002:

46 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

I wonder if Suarez wants to come back for a couple of games next season for his usual hat trick

I'm not sure we would have him back, I think they were glad to get rid despite his obvious ability. Now Coutinho .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

Looks like you like football Mrs V, I'm saving this comment ready for next season.

I do like football Cap’n and have supported Norwich for a few years now. The Board seem to have got things just right, it didn’t look too good 12 months ago or even after the start of this season but what a difference now. I’ve no doubt it will take a little while for the lads to settle, they’re quite a youngish side you know. 

BTW, I also support Burnley. I have a soft spot for Sean Dyche (even though I want to clear my throat when I hear him speak!) 

17 hours ago, Paul said:

I'm not sure we would have him back

Purely tongue in cheek Paul :default_smile:

17 hours ago, vanessan said:

I do like football Cap’n and have supported Norwich for a few years now. The Board seem to have got things just right, it didn’t look too good 12 months ago or even after the start of this season but what a difference now. I’ve no doubt it will take a little while for the lads to settle, they’re quite a youngish side you know. 

I've been following Norwich's results for the past couple of years, I have grown a certain affinity with them since spending so much time over there.

I'm glad they have gained promotion, it's another excuse to come to Norfolk to watch my reds when they visit to teach you a footballing lesson :default_smiley-angelic002:

I'll be watching them for the rest of the season to see how they get on un the comfort of my settee with Grace curled up in my lap feigning interest :default_biggrin:

17 hours ago, vanessan said:

BTW, I also support Burnley. I have a soft spot for Sean Dyche (even though I want to clear my throat when I hear him speak!) 

Not sure how anyone can support Burnley anti football club, but Sean Dyche is an ex Spirite himself you know :default_smile:

On 28/04/2019 at 10:55, Jayfire said:

or it could be that it's another guaranteed 6 points for Liverpool again next seaso

They’ll have to do better than they did last night then.............. :default_rofl:(Sorry, that was cruel.) I did hear a rumour that the Canaries are going to put in a bid for Messi, d’you think the proposed £20m spend will cover it?

7 minutes ago, vanessan said:

They’ll have to do better than they did last night then.............. :default_rofl:(Sorry, that was cruel.)

No problem Mrs V, I can't expect to dish out the banter and not expect it in return, frankly I'd forgot how it feels to lose :default_sad:

7 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I did hear a rumour that the Canaries are going to put in a bid for Messi, d’you think the proposed £20m spend will cover it?

I saw a quote about that from Messi himself

“Of course, like all Argentinians I grew up dreaming of playing for Norwich, Todd Cantwell, Kenny McLean, Ben Godfrey, these are my heroes. I have Tim Krull's poster on my wall. Growing up I’d spend hours dreaming of battling against relegation and being stranded upfront, while others wasted time practising passing and dribbling.”

The Barcelona legend is confident that a deal can be made, and is already looking forward to life at Norwich.

“I enjoy playing with Suarez and Coutinho,” said Messi, “but they are too similar to myself. I dream of living off scraps and flick-ons in a big-man/little-man partnership. All going well, myself and Teemu Pukki could be this generation’s Phillips and Quinn.”

Sounds promising :default_smiley-angelic002: