Wanted To Say Hi.

MikyO

My father and me are coming for a boating holiday in October. We have been a few times, both in holiday cottages and on boats and it is really the best holidays I have ever had.

Really looking forward to the fishing, as well as cruising the waterways. 

Well I thought I would pop in and say hi and although I have been to the Northern Broads before, I could do with a few pointers toward the better fishing on the waterways. Had a few hit and misses in the past.

We have booked Summer Horizon from Richardsons so we will be mobile and able to search the recommendations you give.

Our faithful friend Olly Wally dog a big fat retriever is coming too. He is a big softy and loves the walks along the waterways.

Well, looking forward to seeing you soon and give us a wave if you spot us in October .

Thanks, in advance. Mike.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hello Mike,

Welcome to the forum, I do not know one end of a rod from the other but many of our forum members know a think or two about fishing.

Regards

Alan

all i know about a fishing rod is there is often a maggot at each end :default_gbxhmm:

welcome from another mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi Mike, welcome from me too.

Re fishing, picking up from Stalham, you`re in the best part of the Broads where fishing is concerned. The Ant Thurne and Bure are real fishing hotspots, but beware, you will likely be competing with other boats for the best spots. We`ve always had good catches while moored at Hoveton viaduct moorings, and looking at a recent film clip on youtube, there are some really good catches of Roach, Perch, Rudd etc from the mill pool at Horstead mill, which is right beside the limit of navigation on the upper Bure at Coltishall lock. 

One thing i will say, you often see boats with fishing parties aboard moored in out of the way places, tucked into the trees, known as wild mooring, because these areas are not as busy as village staithes or touristy hotspots (How Hill and Ludham Bridge on the Ant are just 2 examples). If chancing your arm on these wild spots, always check the depth of water, and for underwater obstructions etc, probably with a boat hook.

Have a great time, and enjoy the fishing.

• Like 1

Hi Mike, welcome from me too.
Re fishing, picking up from Stalham, you`re in the best part of the Broads where fishing is concerned. The Ant Thurne and Bure are real fishing hotspots, but beware, you will likely be competing with other boats for the best spots. We`ve always had good catches while moored at Hoveton viaduct moorings, and looking at a recent film clip on youtube, there are some really good catches of Roach, Perch, Rudd etc from the mill pool at Horstead mill, which is right beside the limit of navigation on the upper Bure at Coltishall lock. 
One thing i will say, you often see boats with fishing parties aboard moored in out of the way places, tucked into the trees, known as wild mooring, because these areas are not as busy as village staithes or touristy hotspots (How Hill and Ludham Bridge on the Ant are just 2 examples). If chancing your arm on these wild spots, always check the depth of water, and for underwater obstructions etc, probably with a boat hook.
Have a great time, and enjoy the fishing.
Great bit of advice there thank you. Really looking forward to October

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app