Im sure this has been asked b4.............

I,m trying to upload a photo for my Avatar, but not having any luck.

I have resized it to 108KB JPEG and copied & pasted the URL into the correct section, but no joy (doesn't know the URL)

The upload format looks very much like the one i use on my Kit Car Forum, but unfortunately this one won't work for me.

I did look at the FAQ section, but it doesn't give exact details how to upload the image, just mentions contacting the administrator.

I,m sure its not necessary to bother them, as all its asking for is the URL of the image, so i'm wondering what i am doing wrong ?

Thanks

Grant

Under 'Edit Avatar', above 'Upload from url' there should be a line that says 'Upload from your machine, and a 'Browse Box'.

From there you can link to your 'My Pictures' folder, or where ever you have stored your avatar. GIF's are the preferred format.

I have just deleted my avatar and re-uploaded it, to make sure the system still worked, and it did.

Dave

What did you do ..........

Just went and had another look, as the Upload & Browse option was not there at all. BUT NOW IT IS ????????????????????

All that was there was a Box where the image would be and a long box for the URL....... Nothing else

Now there is an Upload and Browse option, so something has changed since i posted the question.

Your not going mad grant I had the same problem for the last 4weeks hence no avatar. Will check if the box Is back on mine when I am on the home pc.