The Hunt For Harvey Eastwood 37's

floydraser

Hi Everyone,

I've just nipped in here from the restoration section to see if any of you kind folks can help put me in touch with any other owners of Harvey Eastwood 37's.

I bought mine last August and planned to look for other owners later in 2019 but after that glorious Easter weather I really need to know to open the canopy before Summer comes, or we'll fry in there! The sliding canopy was sealed shut by a previous owner and some of the control cables may have been disconnected so it's not as straight forward as it may at first seem.

I would love to have a look around another HE37 to see where my own may have been altered.

I understand there may be one at Potter Heigham moored next to a bungalow and I plan to nip along there some time, but if anyone knows the whereabouts of any others I would be grateful for a pointer in the right direction.

Thank you in anticipation.

Floyd.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

In fact, Floyd, I believe you may have been advised to walk the footpath from the Pilots' office at the foot of Potter Bridge.  This would be a very long walk indeed and access is a very much shorter footpath walk from Repps Staithe (aka Pugg Street Staithe) - also accessible by road.  Please remember that the boat in which you are interested is moored in a private boat dock at a privately owned bungalow behind a two metre high fence.  Because the fence is so high, you will see very little from the footpath. 

I regret, I do not know if this forum has a private messaging facility, but, if it has, you may want to pm so that I can, with his express permission first granted, put you in touch with the boat owner.

Edited by expilot
Added note

13 minutes ago, expilot said:

I regret, I do not know if this forum has a private messaging facility, but, if it has, you may want to pm so that I can, with his express permission first granted, put you in touch with the boat owner.

It does - hover over a user's Avatar picture and you'll see a pop-out. The first of three buttons is 'Message'.

Alternatively, use the envelope icon at the tor right of the page.

• 1 month later...

I would like to thank Terry and Pam, owners of Bonnie, for their help so far, and also expilot for the introduction.

I met up with Terry and Pam on Sunday afternoon and the knowledge gained was priceless; at the very least it's saved me hours and hours of chasing my tail. At most it could have saved me hundreds of pounds putting the right the damage caused by me chasing my tail in the wrong direction! (Does that sound like experience talking?)

It helps that Terry has done all the work on Bonnie himself so he can relate fully to my problems. If you see their boat, admire the topsides woodwork; all terry's work and superb. Remind me never to moor alongside as mine will be in the shade!

Thanks forum.

• Like 5