Black Horse Broad

Hylander

Hoveton-Little_Broad_1.thumb.jpg.9dddafc998dc9b5616989d13de3e9d12.jpg

Think its closed until towards the end of May Mrs H.

Where is Black Horse Broad? Just as you leave Horning heading towards Wroxham, on the right hand side after the houses

Hi Monica, Black Horse Broad/ Hoveton Little Broad is on the starboard side of the river after you pass though Hornng towards  Salhouse, you will see the narrow gated opening after you have passed the last cottages/holiday lets, it is opposite the Bure Marshes.

Regards

Alan

• Thanks 1

When I joined our syndicate in 2001 our training what there was of it comprised of practising figure eights on Hoveton Little Broad, we were then allowed to set off on our own, I was the second owner on the second week after the boat was brought into service, thankfully I had over 25 years of experience of going on the canals. This however was a learning curve because of the wind and tides.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

The reason I ask is on Youtube is a flotilla of boats going to the Broad at its official opening.     To my mind that meant it was open to the public from then on.   Then I always was an optimist.    Be good to have somewhere fresh to discover.

Hi, 

Malanka was in that flotilla of boats and it was to commemorate the original trespass not to open the broad as it had already been open since Easter Sunday for one week.  Immediately after our flotilla had entered processed and left it was then closed again until later in the summer. 

There is an article with pics and vid on the edp website. I will be including a write up with pictures in my holiday tale. 

M

• Like 1