I Know Some Are Not 'footie' Fans, But.....

Poppy

5 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I certainly won’t be disappointed if NC lose tonight, to be honest I will be amazed if they can manage a draw!

It's crazy how after tonight we're guaranteed to be either top or bottom of the league.

It's just so tight this season :default_smiley-angelic002:

What Norwich City can look forward to this season:

Referees favouring the 'big teams' to the point of myopia/bias and on occasion just downright cheated of a result, if they have a good start lauded by the media, if a bad one ignored, shown near the end of Match of the Day most weeks, goal scoring chances not shown on MOTD,  patronised by the pundits, if they beat a 'big team' total focus on how bad the opposition were, enjoy!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, twowrights said:

Referees favouring the 'big teams' to the point of myopia/bias and on occasion just downright cheated of a result, if they have a good start lauded by the media, if a bad one ignored, shown near the end of Match of the Day most weeks, goal scoring chances not shown on MOTD,  patronised by the pundits, if they beat a 'big team' total focus on how bad the opposition were, enjoy!

Hopefully VAR can stop the bias decisions this season.

31 minutes ago, twowrights said:

My word you're a happy fellow with your cliches aren't you :default_biggrin:

I'm pinning my hopes on Liverpool being a second half team after this absolutely dire first 28 minutes, I mean everybody is always at their best in the first game of the season aren't they. Why aren't we absolutely fantastic and defensively sound already? Have they all been on holiday? :default_smiley-angelic002:

Just kidding Mrs V, I hope you do well like I said before. You're not going to play the best team in Europe every week :default_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

C'Mon Jay they are facts season after season for the "smaller teams" not clichés. As I said hopefully VAR will stop it.

It's nonsense though mate. If it was factual then an absolutely globally massive club like Liverpool would have been given decision after decision last year whilst a tiny irrelevant club like Man City wouldn't have been given favourable decisions time after time again and got away with decisions constantly which would have meant we won the league.

It's so easy to feel sorry for yourself (in general not you personally) but humans make bad calls and good calls and it's part of what makes football so great.

VAR I agree should hopefully help to sort these decisions out but I'm not going to sit crying about decisions that could have gone our way to allow us to win the league last year, when others went for us but get forgotten.

It's a fallacy, the truth is that refereeing in this country is terrible, not bias

Well unlucky Mrs V, your boys gave a good account of themselves and I'm sorry to say my boys were still fast asleep and on holiday :default_smiley-angelic002:

I think (hope) Norwich do well this season in the Premier League, with one exception of course :default_biggrin:

The only way is up!!!😄 Not a good start but then what most pundits expected. I have no doubt a lot will be learnt from that match, Carrow Road might be a different story. I can remember a game a few years back when NC beat MU at Old Trafford. Had my poor other half crying into his beer! Cap’n Jay 1 - Mrs V 0. (Doesn’t sounds quite so bad as 4 - 1.)

3 hours ago, vanessan said:

Cap’n Jay 1 - Mrs V 0. (Doesn’t sounds quite so bad as 4 - 1.)

:default_trophy: We took our foot off of the gas 2nd half and never really got out of 2nd gear, but if Norwich play like that every game this year they'll do ok I reckon, although they may receive a few more good hidings against the top sides mind you, like Liverpool, Man City and...........well Liverpool and Man City :default_smiley-angelic002:

On 09/08/2019 at 08:25, Jayfire said:

It's crazy how after tonight we're guaranteed to be either top or bottom of the league.

It's just so tight this season :default_smiley-angelic002:

And proof I wasnt kidding, a very interesting table at the moment...:default_smiley-angelic002:

20190810_101351.thumb.jpg.c4a12b7bcaecc3b6b01556f6e9a78ca7.jpg

Still, that's about the last time you'll see Arsenal near the top 

:default_fishing2:

5 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

:default_trophy: We took our foot off of the gas 2nd half and never really got out of 2nd gear, but if Norwich play like that every game this year they'll do ok I reckon, although they may receive a few more good hidings against the top sides mind you, like Liverpool, Man City and...........well Liverpool and Man City :default_smiley-angelic002:

:default_fishing2:

The entire Norwich squad combined probably didn't cost as much as just a couple of their players -  the same goes for the other 'top' sides.

• Like 1

Whilst I laud Norwich for their policy of sticking with the players who won them promotion the Premier League is a whole different world to the Championship. The latter, in my opinion is actually more competitive so the players will have that at least, but their opponents in the top filght will be stronger, faster, more skillful and better managed.  

The model of get promoted, spend nothing and try and cling on has been tried before but never yet been successful, I hope Norwich prove me wrong but I have my doubts. Promotion to the Premier League is worth in excess of 100m, I do wonder where all that money is going.

There were a lot of pundits last night saying "keep playing like this and they'll be ok", I disagree. Keep playing like that and they'll get blown away, not just by the top six  but also by the middle eight, the makeweights and also rans that link the competitive teams in the Premier League with the relegation zone, the likes of Everton, Leicester and Man U. 

There are not enough points available from the other teams in the bottom six to stay afloat, even if you take them all.