I Know Some Are Not 'footie' Fans, But.....

Poppy

3 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Yeah, that`s all very well, but Scott Redding has never raced at Thruxton before, and i still say he was robbed by race direction.

Somebody say Thruxton? Did a Lotus Elise (?) Red ticket day there and had a ball of a time, beat my ex brother-in law best time so won £20 as well. One fast track is Thruxton.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Somebody say Thruxton? Did a Lotus Elise (?) Red ticket day there and had a ball of a time, beat my ex brother-in law best time so won £20 as well. One fast track is Thruxton.

Now officially the fastest race track in the UK, and i believe, now Europe, because places like Hockenheim and Monza have too many chicanes to slow them down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Also, i think it`s the only race track that does`nt have any proper straights, though not 100% on that.

6 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Now officially the fastest race track in the UK, and i believe, now Europe, because places like Hockenheim and Monza have too many chicanes to slow them down.

It does have the right-left-right corners before the short dash to the finish line does that count as slowing the boys down.

7 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Also, i think it`s the only race track that does`nt have any proper straights, though not 100% on that.

You have the start finish short straight then the climb up hill with the kink in it before the corners mentioned above. Not really a straight though. Circuit certainly flows if you get the lines right.

1 hour ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

It does have the right-left-right corners before the short dash to the finish line does that count as slowing the boys down.

Yeah, but it`s a chicane, so technically not classified as a straight.  There`s also another chicane after the start and finish complex, with a couple of very short straight bits, but again, not classified as "straights".  Take a look on Google satelite view and you can see the circuit does`nt actually have a straight, but the section before the pit lane chicane is often regarded as a straight becuse the bend is very gradual.  

Fascinating circuit, and last weekends BSB saw a record crowd of well in excess of 40,000. Just a shame we`d already made arrangements to be somewhere else.

13 hours ago, vanessan said:

And Liverpool have dropped a place. Oh dear Cap’n, it’s going wrong already. 🤭

I'm not sure where it all went so wrong Mrs V, we've turned into a disgrace with poor result after poor result leading to us plummeting down the table, Klopp Out :default_ohmy:

Still, at least I can always sit back and laugh at the mess that is Man U.

And Arsenal :default_biggrin:

12 hours ago, Jayfire said:

I'm not sure where it all went so wrong Mrs V, we've turned into a disgrace with poor result after poor result leading to us plummeting down the table, Klopp Out :default_ohmy:

And Arsenal :default_biggrin:

See Liverpool have dropp another place whats gone wrong

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jayfire said:

Thanks to MU’s win over Chelsea, NC have climbed up to 16th. Doesn’t look quite so bad now. Shame Liverpool couldn’t hang on to that top spot for more than 24 hours!  I did hear both Alan Shearer and Ian Wright  predict Liverpool for the PL title this season though. That must put the kybosh on it then. :default_hiding:

• Like 1

Still laughing Jay?. Proud to say that I am a born & bred Mancunian and have been a United supporter since 1953 unlike a lot of others and indeed a lot of my mates are plastic scousers which I suspect you might be unless you were born & bred in Liverpool

Boycee

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, boycee said:

Still laughing Jay?. Proud to say that I am a born & bred Mancunian and have been a United supporter since 1953 unlike a lot of others and indeed a lot of my mates are plastic scousers which I suspect you might be unless you were born & bred in Liverpool

Boycee

Most Mancs support City, and most Scousers support Everton

• Thanks 1

Yeah I'm still laughing Boycee

I look forward to the over fawning of your "team" after one game, it reminds me of the great ooh aah after Ole came in last season, before the crisis starts again when you play someone decent :default_biggrin:

I'll refrain from getting into discussions about explaining petty name calling however, I'm better than that :default_norty:

30 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Shame Liverpool couldn’t hang on to that top spot for more than 24 hours!  

It's the end of the world I tell you Mrs V, I'm sick of it all.

#KloppOut :default_biggrin:

30 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I did hear both Alan Shearer and Ian Wright predict Liverpool for the PL title this season though.

They did? Well now on I'm being serious about the end of the world, those muppets haven't ever said anything sensible in many a decade :default_biggrin:

Come on you Canaries :default_trophy:

3 minutes ago, boycee said:

Didn't answer the question though did you,?

I thought I had

36 minutes ago, boycee said:

Still laughing Jay?

7 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Yeah I'm still laughing Boycee

:default_biggrin:

Just now, boycee said:

So are you from Liverpool?

Does it matter? I see the Manc inferiority of Liverpool is still as strong as ever :default_smiley-angelic002:

Alright if it's so important to you, no I wasn't born there, my dad was a scouser (about all I know of him) and was taken to watch Liverpool from 4 years old by my friends dad (also a scouser) and was besotted ever since

I'm not sure if that's enough details for you :default_biggrin:

I never knock any other team infact my other half is a Liverpool supporter as are a lot of my mates. I class myself as a fan of football and fail to see the reason for being derogatory to other teams because I am fully aware that all teams have there good periods and bad periods. Now it is City and Liverpools turn to be top dogs as it was Uniteds in the last decade and maybe sometime in the future it will be again but I can assure you that I dont have a "Manc inferiority" to Liverpool as you suggest but you seem to have some sort of dislike of Man Utd

• Like 1

It's called banter Boycee, if you haven't noticed there is a lot of winding up of each other on this thread irrespective of who supports who, just like in football in general.

I just obviously don't take things as seriously and personal as you do.