• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

JanetAnne

Rangers On A Purge. ..

Did everyone go on about all of this last year when they carried out the same exercise? Or did they just get on with it and comply?? My guess is the latter!!!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, marshman said:

Did everyone go on about all of this last year when they carried out the same exercise? Or did they just get on with it and comply?? My guess is the latter!!!

I made a big fuss, but that was based on the fact they were wrong and caused damage. :default_biggrin:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, marshman said:

Obviously not, or there wouldn't have been any boats left to stick notices on.

• Like 3

No purge here yet. Just as well. There I was working on the foredeck and somehow managed to knock reg plate off the pulpit rail. It all happened in slow motion. Unable to catch it. It hit the water and slowly sank. Oh bother I said, I'll have to make another. At this point the weather turned so gave up working outside.

So off I toddle to BA offices to get another. Now I decided to get 2 so as to have a spare. Nice young lady asked if I wanted them sent by post but I said I'd wait.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 20 mins to make 2stickers. Let's hope they don't have a rush of owners wanting to comply with contravention notices.

Colin :default_winko:

p.s. Discovered the cable ties (3) had degraded. The ones on the opposite bow are fine but I think I'll replace them anyway.

Strangely enough I noticed that above the bridge at potter nearly every third boat had numbers placed within the regulations, but not the guidelines, one boat that just about complied with the guidelines had the numbers within 2m of the bow, about 1m from the stern of the 3m boat.

• Haha 6