Which Data Usage Gets Used Here?

Where I am moored getting a wifi connection seems to depend on which way the wind is blowing so thinking of buying the TP Link Mobile router or the EE router. Do these work simply because they have a better antenna and if I used 2 mobile phones and a tablet connected to the router (all with their own sim card) does the card in the router take the hit of data used or the sim card in the phone/ tablet?

Thanks.

I dont really know, I use a tablet and a O2 hub, and so far in nearly a year have only used 8gb data, but then when I get home it goes onto the home wifi. it may depend on the settings on the device whether it uses the external sim or internal.

19 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Do these work simply because they have a better antenna

Generally yes, and if you are in an area of weak signal strenth then buy one with an external antenna which makes a great improvement.

20 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

if I used 2 mobile phones and a tablet connected to the router (all with their own sim card) does the card in the router take the hit of data used or the sim card in the phone/ tablet?

That would depend on the settings of the phone or tablet, they connect to the router via a wifi signal so you can have wifi and mobile data active at the same time. If you want to ensure they use one or the other then turn off either wifi (to use the devices own sim) or mobile data (to use the routers sim)