Dadfarted

Poppy

My ole mate Edgar from Ringstut way , he's chuffed ta bits . He has been asked ter draw up a booklet called 'Do's and Dont's For All Rural Tractor and Ex Drivers , or DADfartED for short !
So far he has got :-
1/ Don't clear up the mud and mess on the road after leaving a wet field or track .
2/ Don't pull over to let cars pass no matter how long the queue is.
3/ Do try to get on the road at peak times 7-10 am and 4-6 pm
4/ Don't clear up after hedge trimming, and
5/ don't accept any blame for any punctures that they say you caused .

He is looking for more ideas  :default_gbxhmm:

• Haha 2

6. do take a turn with a long centre axle trailer onto a side road when there is oncoming traffic

I nearly had a collision with the sports car in front when a tractor coming the other way did this in front of us turned left and the back 20 foot of trailer swung across blocking the whole road, we both locked the brakes up, and I could have sworn I touched his bumper with mine, but we could find no evidence of the fact after.

But...

Do keep clearing snow when no one else can get through

Get ambulances through

Pull people out in bad weather

Tractor runs for charity.. even an extra one this year to help raise money towards special treatment for a sick local boy

Having retired and moved from that London to rural Norfolk a couple of years ago I saw things in a whole different light and the other side to the temporary inconvenience on the road. 

• Like 1

We moved from London to a rural part of Cambridgeshire and find the tractors a real pain. Particularly the way they leave the roads filthy it's impossible not to acquire a chipped windscreen in this area. I wonder why, instead of spending goodness knows how much money installing cycle paths that the cyclists mainly don't bother using the council don't install tractor paths instead in these locations.

Carole