Approx Travel Time / Distance Request

PAULYNORF

Good morning all,

I'm sure this has been asked a 1000 times or indeed there may be something on the internet giving me the answer so please bear with me. 

Picking up our boat next Tuesday afternoon 21 May at Richardsons in Stalham around 2pm. I realise we won't be setting off at 2pm on the dot but we aren't first timers and we are on the same boat we've had in the past so i hope they won't keep us too long. So, if we were to get away by approx 2.30 - 3pm how long does it take to get down to St Benets Abbey to moor for the night? I've been there before but can't remember the distance/time needed. Is it realistic considering good moorings tend to go fairly early in the afternoon? We want a peaceful quiet first night and intend to light our camping bbq so I thought St Benets might be an ideal place. 

As always any assistance would be much appreciated.

Paul

You’ll certainly have plenty of daylight but St Benet’s is popular and will probably fill up during the afternoon. Having said that, there will be day boats visiting plus others who may return to their home moorings late in the day. It’s really one of those ‘unknowns’, you could be very lucky. There is also Fleet Dyke nearby with two lots of formal moorings and a few ‘wild’ moorings too but the same applies. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PAULYNORF said:

Good morning all,

I'm sure this has been asked a 1000 times or indeed there may be something on the internet giving me the answer so please bear with me. 

Picking up our boat next Tuesday afternoon 21 May at Richardsons in Stalham around 2pm. I realise we won't be setting off at 2pm on the dot but we aren't first timers and we are on the same boat we've had in the past so i hope they won't keep us too long. So, if we were to get away by approx 2.30 - 3pm how long does it take to get down to St Benets Abbey to moor for the night? I've been there before but can't remember the distance/time needed. Is it realistic considering good moorings tend to go fairly early in the afternoon? We want a peaceful quiet first night and intend to light our camping bbq so I thought St Benets might be an ideal place. 

As always any assistance would be much appreciated.

Paul

Hello Paul,

Have a look in the Handy Information tab, we have a distance chart and various other files.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2