On The Broads

grendel

3 hours ago, Boatingman said:

Have a great break, nice spot you are moored at

will there be pictures

Ray 

Eventually, picture s are on the camera, I'm using my tablet, camera won't download to the tablet. You might have to wait until I get home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grendel said:

Beautiful sunrise over the early morning mist on the water.

Beautiful it is, promises a gorgeous day on the rivers surely.

Enjoy :default_icon_wave:

Going to be cruising around hickling and horsey today, meanwhile, I have taken some interior shots of Judith 5, both using my DSLR and my tablet, so I will share the tablet ones for now, excuse the lived in look.

Opposite the toilet is a storage area (the domestic batteries live under here) this is plenty big enough to store most things, currently it has my telescope and camera gear, plus the boxes I used to transport stuff to the boat. It would even store quite a large pushchair or pram.

Seating in the cockpit is a small 2 person bench and a high stool for the helmsman.

The boat is very easy to handle, goes where it's pointed, and compared to some, quite light on the steering, it also carries on pretty straight if you leave the wheel to take a picture.

IMG_20190515_073221.jpg

IMG_20190515_073236.jpg

IMG_20190515_073257.jpg

IMG_20190515_073305.jpg

IMG_20190515_073315.jpg

IMG_20190515_073326.jpg

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, grendel said:

Just one thing to remember, bring some Ecological washing up liquid.

Remember the sink water goes straight into the river..

Beautiful pictures , that'll be a nice  place to moor in 18 days time:default_coat:watching the sailing boats drift by, all with a red and white tape hanging from their boom or back stay.

• Like 1

Janet was the last boat we hired.. She was amazing! A proper boat.. Hopefully they changed the engine, as when we left the guy gave us a 5 litre oil can and he said, "Yeah she runs like a two stroke". We had a rough crossing over Breydon and she kinda knocked out a board and took a few days to reseal! But best memories ever... Can't understand why anyone would hire plastic boats when these are still about, we certainly wouldn't. (Sadly we don't have the funds to own a woody but we would both absolutely love to - Maybe one day).. Enjoy your time and please post more pics :) 

36 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

why anyone would hire plastic boats when these are still about,

See answers below for above question.

37 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

We had a rough crossing over Breydon and she kinda knocked out a board and took a few days to reseal!

37 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

"Yeah she runs like a two stroke"

• Haha 1

It was on a Janet my previous tablet computer committed suicide, last year during the 3RR.

The USB skt is in the cabin below the helm position. My extension cable just reached the top of the helm dashboard.  The boat rocked and the tablet launched itself down the companionway. 

I've got a longer extension cable ready for 1st June this year. 

I'll be happy with being loaned  a Janet from Martham boats again for this years 3RR, I was quite impressed with them.. 

It not the purchase of a woody that would be a problem,  it's  the maintenance,  it needs to be almost continuous on a woody.

• Like 1

Well yesterday's choice of moorings was by horsey mill, they have completed the heading work here and very nice the new bits are.

After mooring up about 1.30pm it was out for a sail on Lydia with Polly, a couple of hours jinking around horsey mere. I did get slightly wet when I was standing in the wrong place as the mudweight was deployed for raising sail.

The evening was passed in a convivial atmosphere as we dined at the Nelson's head, they do a nice bangers and mash.

An early start this morning as I want to get through potter as soon as the yard opens.

As for turning in horsey dyke, go to the corner, (stick your nose in by the white post,) and a Judith can just get round . Be aware if you are even a few inches longer you won't make it.

IMG_20190516_060613.jpg

IMG_20190516_060738.jpg

IMG_20190516_060831.jpg

IMG_20190516_060907.jpg

IMG_20190516_061017.jpg

IMG_20190516_061026.jpg

IMG_20190516_061040.jpg

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, grendel said:

As for turning in horsey dyke, go to the corner, (stick your nose in by the white post,) and a Judith can just get round . Be aware if you are even a few inches longer you won't make it.

I had to reverse out of there once past a long row of Hunters yachts :default_icon_e_surprised:

Good fun