On The Broads

grendel

Finally somewhere near horning where I can get internet, so today I went all the way to wroxham, took myself through the bridge (martham don't require a pilot for any other than potter) at 7'6" there was tons of room for Judith.  After a quick shopping trip into Roy's to get some long legged trousers and save my poor pink legs from getting even more burnt, Then it was up to the end of the navigation at coltishall. Turn around and back again as we had booked moorings and food at the new Inn. Once back in horning I was a bit early, so went on to cockshoot dyke where I moored up for a cup of coffee and a trip to the rest room

IMG_20190516_132947.jpg

IMG_20190516_144528.jpg

• Like 7

Loverly boat there, one of the best to enjoy all the broads on and most capable for handling solo. MB had started to re-engine some of their cruisers not sure what is fitted in to the Judith you have? I understand they may also be resurrecting a new (or not so new) addition to the fleet, not sure if they aim for this season or next? 

Enjoy your time, you certainly have the weather for it. Love reading the write up and seeing the pictures, work comments are just getting in my way at the moment and I just can’t get to the boat so far this season, though get next week out of the way that should change. 

Cheers

Paul 

Currently up and moored at Ranworth island, along with some great company, small boat sized gatherings and chin wagging were the order of the evening, good company with drinks, many thanks go to Malanka who came equipped with cider and ice, that went down smoothly.

The only thing I will say about Judith is if you pop into the back cabin as you meander along the rivers, and if you are a six foot plus like me, don't forget to duck coming back out, I forgot Wednesday, luckily I was wearing a hat, but even that didn't save my head. Judith is good at maintaining a heading if you leave the wheel.

Of course after this I had to then pop into the front cabin for some kitchen roll to pad up to stop the bleeding, but hey, the joys of being tall.

IMG_20190518_060139.jpg

IMG_20190518_060220.jpg

IMG_20190517_135907.jpg

• Sad 3

Thank you Gendel. Great pictures. Delighted that the weather improved for you guys. Vaughan and I really tried hard to be with you all. But sadly not to be. Do you know what. All the booze had been purchased. BBQ purchased. BBQ food purchased, sausages, chicken, burgers ........everything. Bread rolls to be purchased, fresh, on Saturday morning. And then, well, I have got certain health issues and all had to be aborted. And all this happened hours before departure. So, not to be. Perhaps next year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

20 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Put it on back to front then! 

And buy a 10 year old Clio with a dustbin exhaust and illegally lowered and spaced suspension. No Thanks. I will stick to my collection of Tilleys as befits one of my age and dare I say it intelligence.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webntweb said:

Also keeps the sun off the back of your neck.

Craghopper Nosilife shirts are brillient. The collars roll up and provide 40+ protection as well as being anti-mozzy. I have worn them  in Kakadu and can vouch they work, however I still have to try them on Highland Midges.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grendel said:

Currently moored up with Malanka at coltishall common, such a lovely stretch of river to just poodle up in company

Some undesirable came and spoilt the peace. Thanks for the

loan of the temporary lead Martin.

Sorry I couldn't get there sounds like youv'e had fun, had to stay up Stslham area for car, hospital again tomorrow. Saw a taxi driver driving a boat towards Neatishead this afternoon, got a wave, back in Richos now car at back of boat ready for morning.

Evening meal last night was aboard Malanka, a wonderful meatball casserole prepared From scratch, on a bed of his special rice, (if this is ever offered to you don't pass it up, it is gorgeous). Followed by a great evening chatting with Martin, Sonia and Simon - great company that passed the hours way too fast, but all too soon it was time for bed, it will be an early-ish start this morning as I want to get back the other side of potter bridge today.

The week has been excellent so far and the end of this solo adventure is approaching far too rapidly, a good week with great company found on the way, old friends met and new friends made.

• Like 8