On The Broads

grendel

Morning Grendel,

I am taking Judith 5 over from you tomorrow, solo too.

Thanks for all the photos. I have been on her many times before but always lovely to get a reminder.

i won't be going far, probably:

Horsey, Deep Dyke (stay a night at each), motor round Hickling and West Somerton. maybe through the bridge and moor at Irstead if I can get in ( I love the peace of that church).

Grendel ,who was collecting the mooring fee at Horsey ? I suspect not Derek Applegate who was sadly not in good health last time I was there.

Best wishes

Charles

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Seagypsy said:

Sorry I couldn't get there sounds like youv'e had fun, had to stay up Stslham area for car, hospital again tomorrow. Saw a taxi driver driving a boat towards Neatishead this afternoon, got a wave, back in Richos now car at back of boat ready for morning.

And I received the “one fingered salute” or perhaps just showing the bandaged offender !!, 

:default_biggrin:

hope all gets sorted soon and you get to fully enjoy your time afloat , 

Today was a busy day, 7am start, down to wroxham, through the bridge and on to potter, through that at just a shade under 6 foot, then on to candle dyke. After changing to Pauline's boat we then sailed to west somerton, brewed a cuppa, then sailed up to the pleasure boat where we had our evening meal. (I had a most excellent suet pastry steak and kidney pud.) Then it was a sail back to where I had left Judith 5 on candle dyke, just around the corner from martham boatyard, ready to hand back in the morning.

• Like 9

So, this is not the end, I still have a ton of photos and videos to upload from my cameras when I get home, so expect the thread to get picture intensive from here on. The photos so far have been those I took on my tablet,.  With 4 digital cameras and 2 video cameras also to hand, I did get a lot of pictures. Videos are limited to yesterday's morning cruise down from Coltishall, and of course wroxham bridge.

• Like 3

On 20/05/2019 at 09:19, CambridgeCabby said:

And I received the “one fingered salute” or perhaps just showing the bandaged offender !!, 

:default_biggrin:

hope all gets sorted soon and you get to fully enjoy your time afloat , 

We'll take the second option, bandaged offender. Have been in Norwich hospital since Mon dinner,  operated on last night have to see plastic surgery doc tomorrow, boat at Richos, wife at daughters Holbeach and me in here, great 2wks holiday

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, grendel said:

Wroxham bridge and wroxham

well that concludes the videos, probably best with the sound turned off as I havent edited them, so you wont want to hear the engine and me singing.

Singing, what singing? I hear no singing!

Perhaps I might if I turned the mute off!

day 3 was through potter heigham bridge, all the way to Wroxham, under the bridge and up to coltishall, then back to horning. passing wroxham broad there was a dayboat with a photographer and a swimsuit model. Wroxham village has a free mooring for a couple of boats.

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0700.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_8008.JPG

• Like 5

day  5 saturday dawned, and it was cruise in company day, this went well apart from 1 boat that decided to overtake 3 others right on the corner by the swan as we came up, breath in everyone. I have noticed that 1 of my cameras has a smudge on the lens, please excuse this, s that I too could dress ship, Malanka's boathook was borrowed and the mount tube of my telescope was called into service to support it. as we passed the ferry inn, something unusual in pink was occurring. we passed water rail moored up.

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_8023.JPG

• Like 5