Swan Royale

NorfolkNog

Anyone got a spare £32,800 they could let me have? :default_norty:

My all time favourite hire boat is up for sale

http://www.broadlandyachtbrokers.co.uk/boats/39

The very rare 32 foot centre cockpit version. Built by Alphacraft but with many Swancraft improvements including bow thrusters, new engine, stainless tanks, front deck repaired, new cleats, inverter etc etc

Lovely boat to handle and ran on fresh air. Very roomy inside, really good layout. Looks to have been well looked after since being sold by Swancraft in 2014 :default_crying1animated:

Very nice boat for some lucky person!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

The very rare 32 foot centre cockpit version. Built by Alphacraft but with many Swancraft improvements including bow thrusters, new engine, stainless tanks, front deck repaired, new cleats, inverter etc etc

Lovely boat to handle and ran on fresh air. Very roomy inside, really good layout. Looks to have been well looked after since being sold by Swancraft in 2014 :default_crying1animated:

See you have the £200 balance, do you have a boat to sell?

• Like 1

Comparing it to any other Alpha 32/35’s ive looked at in the past condition wise it looks like it easily puts them to shame. 

When you look at some of these ex hireboats which yard they came from really makes a difference in overall appearance and condition. 

• Like 2

You could set up a syndicate of 12 owners each paying £4000.00 which would get 4 weeks allocation and at £4000 per share there would be enough money in the pot to deal with all the running costs for the first year.

If anyone wants advice on how syndicates work do not hesitate to contact me or look for advice on www.boatshare.co.uk

Regards

Alan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Built by Alphacraft but

I thought that was not a Swancraft build!

Susie and I are looking to buy a boat at the moment so I went to see this one this morning. Let's just say that the photo on the website must have been taken a few years ago, presumably in 2014 when Swancraft sold it. My guess would be that it hasn't been out of the water since.

A good proposition at the right price, but not in running order at the moment, I fear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 2

The Alpha centres were 29, 32, 35 & 42. One thing that puzzled me was that one boatyard (Anchor Craft I think) advertised theirs as 34ft.

Possibly length at waterline rather than length overall, but I would have thought there would have been more than one foot difference.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

There is a way to differentiate between the 32 and 35 versions. I think it's down to the roof profile at the rear - I think the 35 slopes up at the back, the 32 is flat. I stand to be corrected as always though! 

That's correct Howard. Also the 35 is a bit longer... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

All of these Alphas are based on the hulls of the Wilds Bermuda and Caribbean, so the lengths just depended  on how Langford Jillings "tweaked" the mould tool. The 42 ft tool took on a bend at one time, so all of the later mouldings off it, have a list to port at the bow, but are level at the stern. Nothing you can do about it - they were just built that way!

I am glad my comment this morning was appreciated, as it is difficult to make such a criticism without being seen as "knocking" either the owner of the boat, or the sales broker. I think it is a bit naughty all the same, to post photos of the boat for sale, which do not genuinely represent the condition of the boat as it is now. It just makes for a wasted journey for the potential purchaser.

I also suggest it would have been a simple matter for the broker to have put the batteries on charge (it is fitted with shore power) so that I would not have come on board and immediately realised that both battery banks were "shot". For me, that takes 2000 off the asking price before I even look for any other problems.

• Like 5

I've found a couple of photos which show the slight difference in roof profile which I mentioned earlier. These are Tower Bridge (35) and Swan Royale (32). The 35 slopes upwards right at the back of the roof.

The Royale photos were taken in 2014 in the last year of hire with Swancraft.

I appreciate the comments made - if anyone is in the vicinity of Sutton they could maybe pop in and have a look!!! I was kindly alerted of the sale but didn't get chance to have a look when we visited recently.

P1070366.JPG

P1130340.JPG

P1130384.JPG

P1130615.JPG

P1130647.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray said:

I know nothing about the boat and have not viewed it but in fairness you can tell from the photos that they were shot in the broker's slipway.

Yes, where the boat has also been moored for the last few years!

If in doubt, why not go and have a look for yourself, and make your own comparisons? You also may find it a wasted journey.

• Like 2

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:24, NorfolkNog said:

For me if you add a couple of eyes at the front, Thomas the tank engine would be happy to have the river run alongside the railway.:default_biggrin: