MOORING GUIDE + facilities

robdorling

It may already be in the list but:

Salhouse Broad:

stern-on, £1.50 for a short stop, £3.50 daytime, £6.00 overnight.

water available.

N.B. The Bell at Salhouse will pick you up from the car park (10 minute walk from the broad)

if you book a table and drop you back afterwards (remember to take a torch with you!)

Martin

thanks martin

updated

Jill,

With Thurne Dyke if you moor on the south side you pay for the mooring at the farm, not at the pub,

and I don't think you get your mooring money refunded by the pub

The pub may well waive the fees on their side of the dyke, but I haven't moored up on that side.

Last week was my first visit to Thurne Dyke.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jill the New inn moorings are not £5.00 per night they are free providing you book a table, the £5.00 on the sign is for electric per night and I have confirmed this information when we moored there during our recent holiday

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

sorry foxy missed your earlier post ........

Re: OVERNIGHT MOORING GUIDE

by foxy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:42 am

Very useful resource. Perhapes if there are damaged moorings- or Mooring posts missing this could also be logged to assist folks in deciding where to moor.

good idea :clap

and welcome to the forum

jill cheers

REEDHAM FERRY PUB

Mooring £3.00

Showers (which are accessable from outside when pub shut although not sure if all night)

Food is good

Mooring for several boats

No electric hook up

No water

(added to the list)

Rob, Hi

It's necessary to point out that there are frequent noticeboards which say "Slippery when wet". they are, in fact very slippery and nigh on dangerous at night. In the winter, when frozen, they ARE dangerous........ at least the bloody geese have been penned up..... :naughty::naughty::naughty:

I recently asked David Archer to consider putting chicken wire down all along the walkways.....

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Rob, Hi

It's necessary to point out that there are frequent noticeboards which say "Slippery when wet". they are, in fact very slippery and nigh on dangerous at night. In the winter, when frozen, they ARE dangerous........ at least the bloody geese have been penned up..... :naughty::naughty::naughty:

I recently asked David Archer to consider putting chicken wire down all along the walkways.....

Mooring is now £4.00 for overnight stay but you get 10% off your food if you show the ticket bought from the Ferryman.

The wooden moorings to the left of the pub ( facing the river ) have been removed and it is now grass.

• 1 year later...

FERRY IN REEDHAM

"The wooden moorings to the left of the pub ( facing the river ) have been removed and it is now grass."

Are you saying that the old wooden structure that we have used in the past to moor against (looking from the pub to the river) have been removed or are you referring to the other side of the Ferry itself. Yes I know I am female and get my lefts and rights get confused. :? As I recall the old wooden structure was against reeds!! I am just wondering what or where you would at moor now. We had some good times moored on the old wooden moorings, the papers were delivered in the mornings. Lovely meal in the pub. Good Fishing. Non stop entertainment with the Ferry going to and fro. Good old times.

Hello Hylander,

Nice picture by the way I am glad you sorted out the problem.

The Ferry Inn moorings were the same as always when we went there in late October. The wooden jetties however have seen better days and we tend to moor just outside the pub or just past the small inlet (we once tried to moor in there bad mistake it is very shallow). The food was as good as ever, you have to pay for a mooring but these days there is very few pubs you do not have to pay for overnight mooring.

Regards

Alan