Hw Webcam

jeffbroadslover

7 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Fabulous ,  I see on the NBF already the kill joys are saying it is too intrusive.    It is wonderful.  Thank you HW.

I'm the only one on NBF who says it borders on the intrusive, so it's killjoy, not killjoys. As a local resident, I can see no reason at all for the camera to be set to zoom into public areas, and even some of the riverside chalets on the other side of the river. How does that enhance the enjoyment of the Broads?

• Like 3

I am a member on here and also on the NBF , I enjoy both forums and see no validity or merit in one or any of the other forums besmirching or insulting fellow Broads enthusiasts  .

The ability for the webcam to zoom in to private residences IMHO is not something I agree in and I’m sure to an extent is not fully within the law .

Yes another camera focusing on the river allowing us to get our fix of the Broads is always a good thing but NOT at the expense of another’s right and expectation of privacy in their own home .

• Like 5

I for one love the camera and what we have to be careful here with , if you want the camera to remain just dont start moaning about it , otherwise it will go the way of Barnes Web Cam which we did not have for months.      

7 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

no validity or merit in one or any of the other forums besmirching or insulting fellow Broads enthusiasts

I dont believe anyone has besmirched anyone or insulted them.     I am entitled as the next person to express an opinion.     We have expressed our differences of opinion.      

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

I am a member on here and also on the NBF , I enjoy both forums and see no validity or merit in one or any of the other forums besmirching or insulting fellow Broads enthusiasts  .

The ability for the webcam to zoom in to private residences IMHO is not something I agree in and I’m sure to an extent is not fully within the law .

Yes another camera focusing on the river allowing us to get our fix of the Broads is always a good thing but NOT at the expense of another’s right and expectation of privacy in their own home .

And that is precisely my point. I have no wish to deprive those who live elsewhere of their ‘Broads fix’. I’m fortunate to be able to get one every day, I live here. But there’s a limit to the numbers of prying eyes I want to be following me each time I go to Potter  Heigham. There are no security reasons for the majority of the views the webcam provides.

• Like 2

from what I saw for the limited time I had available to watch, while the camera zooms in, I didnt see it as closely enough to observe the goings on inside any private residence, and the only view of the gardens was less than one would get cruising past on a boat. maybe if you raise the point with herbert woods they can do a similar exercise that Barnes did with obscuring the parts of the camera view that looked into windows, or just have it default to a different spot before zooming in, getting a screen shot of the offending moment and sending it with a request should gain a response, as there must be legislation concerning this with all the cameras that now watch our streets - 1984 anyone.

Charlie, from what I can see its just on a programmed loop, not able to be controlled from the website, I will check when I get home as I can only get it on my tablet at work, but I dont think you can take control and make it zoom into a specific window.

just watching it again there is just two instances i can see where it zooms in on the HW entrance where there are 3 houses in shot - I cant see how one could say its looking in the windows though as its just too far away, one other instance as it zooms it does get a pretty close shot but when it finishes zooming it clearly avoids that houses windows.

you might have a case to ask them not to zoom so close if you lived in one of the 3 houses they zoom in to, but other than that i see no real issues, having watched it through its complete loop.

as a security camera, watching their river entrance though, they are probably going to get the 3 bungalows behind in the shot whatever you do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Excellent Simon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Wow! That's brilliant. We all know I love a good webcam. Just checked it out and looks as if it's even in colour on the night time view ... unless that's just because it's not quite dark yet!

Here's a shot I grabbed in case anyone hasn't looked yet. It hasn't moved in the few minutes I've been watching so I'm wondering whether they have it set to stay in one position overnight, which is what the Warrior Cam does in Portsmouth.

Untitled.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Hylander said:

Fabulous ,  I see on the NBF already the kill joys are saying it is too intrusive.    It is wonderful.  Thank you HW.

I have always understood there is a gentlemen`s agreement between the forums not to attack either the other forums or its members, if you dislike them then why bother going on there.

Fred

its basically an agreement not to carry a disagreement of views from forum to forum, so yes we would ask that you refrain, but in particular we would step in if links were posted referring to other forums, these would be removed.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, grendel said:

its basically an agreement not to carry a disagreement of views from forum to forum, so yes we would ask that you refrain, but in particular we would step in if links were posted referring to other forums, these would be removed.

I totally agree grendel.           I think we are very fortunate that HW have decided to give us and the rest of the world the opportunity to see far and beyond the boat yard.   In one shot you can see past Martham, it is lovely watching the yachts.

• Like 1