Huawei Phones

Branded phones are vanity. I have a  Chinese Blackview A7Pro  which cost me £65. I have had it for 18 months and am delighted with it. Spare batteries are available on Ebay, should I need one, but a full charge lasts me a 2-3 days of moderately heavy use. Dual SIM - I use a Three prepaid sim for data and a Vodafone sim-only contract for calls and SMS. The camera is pretty good too and if/when it fails you recycle it and get a new one. Why would I want a branded phone?

1 hour ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi all,

Many thanks for all the replies and reviews. Don`t get me wrong, the Huawei is a great phone with long battery life. I`ve had 4 days without charging, and usually 3 days using it as a camera, though i don`t use it a lot. We only bought them because our old Microsoft phones would`nt connect to google anymore, a fact that the staff in the O2 shop said was because they were old technology, and would`nt be usable after a while. Well, i can still get on the internet with it, but by using "internet explorer" (which is crap), and the phone still works, as  a phone, and it can still take pics.  The Huawei is different to use compared to the Microsoft one, but i believe it`s better at other things, things i know nothing about.  They both cost less than £100, so maybe i`m expecting too much of it to be an all singing all dancing phone.

I think mine (was a gift at Christmas) was just over the £200 mark.

28 minutes ago, SteveO said:

Branded phones are vanity. I have a  Chinese Blackview A7Pro  which cost me £65. I have had it for 18 months and am delighted with it. Spare batteries are available on Ebay, should I need one, but a full charge lasts me a 2-3 days of moderately heavy use. Dual SIM - I use a Three prepaid sim for data and a Vodafone sim-only contract for calls and SMS. The camera is pretty good too and if/when it fails you recycle it and get a new one. Why would I want a branded phone?

Good value indeed.

Our Huawei phones were only around £90 each, though they did have some phones for nearly a grand which i would NEVER EVER in a hundred years pay that sort of money for a phone. Jesus, at that price, what would you rather buy,  8 mobile phones, or a share in a syndicate boat?.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just flashed my Samsung with a debloated and rooted version of the stock firmware and it's so much cleaner, battery also seems to be lasting longer.

Admittedly during the process I have started looking at new phones several times as I thought I'd killed it beyond repair, still good though.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

The moral being if you don't want a mobile phone built in China, buy a Sony.

The chances are Paul, even those are built in China. I was told by a friend, albeit hearsay, that well in excess of 90% of the electronic goods around the worl are actually built in China. Whether that`s true or not i don`t know, but i know it IS a large percentage.

15 hours ago, Paul said:

Sony still manufacture everything in Japan. I believe some Samsung Notes are made in South Korea, as are some HTC phones, otherwise it's China or Taiwan, which is China by another name. 

Not to the Taiwanese of the Republic of China (ROC)) it isn't, they are not under the control of the Communist party which controls The Peoples Republic of China  or affected by Trumps tarrifs.

• Like 1

Indeed, infact Taiwan is the last, or almost the last outpost of "old" pre communist China and is a democracy, like the UK. (Yes,apparently we are a democracy, really)

I do hope I have not offended the people of Taiwan, if so I humbly apologise.